Birmingham OTC

Discussion in 'OTC' started by BBear, May 2, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BBear

BBear LE Reviewer

Alright lads, I've had a wee ganders through the forums but can't find anying about Birmingham OTC.

I'm off to uni in September and would like to know more about the OTC if at all possible. Has it got it's own website (aside from the one from Like I said, I've had a look but no joy. Can anyone help me out?

2. The Birmingham UOTC website is they shouldn't have any other websites, though if they're like all the other English UOTCs they probably will. Though to give Birmingham it's due it does use the ArmyNet community facility so maybe it doesn't have an unofficial site.
  3. BBear

BBear LE Reviewer

Hmmm, okay. CHeers mate. That's the one I found.

Ahh well.
  4. There seems to have been a mistake made in the History.

They haven't mentioned me.

5. Why not join the local TA? 35 Sig Regt is always on the look out for new OCdts
  6. BBear

BBear LE Reviewer

I have considered going down the TA route, I wanted to do it this year but it never quite came off.

I'm rather keen to do inf, rather than sigs. Just a personal preference but I wouldn't not try it. Isn't there a detachment of The Worcestershire and Sherwood Foresters nearby?
  7. birmingham otc...wernt you the guys who caused a bit of upset by winning the falling plates at divsaam. i was at the weekend, ace bunch of guys (now the entire royal regiment of scotland hates you) :lol:
  8. Good to hear the shooting team is still going strong. Do the LSW team still train by sprinting to the corner shop for fags? I still have my Best LSW team tankard. ("But aren't we the only LSW team"?)

What about the Rugby, hows that going?
  9. Ahh BUOTC, those were the days, boozing and fighting in the Guild - hockey boys love men!! I know BUOTC has a MSN community don't know URL off the top of my head, but I do know it was orriginally completly for social uses and non military, but in recent years has been hijacked by the permanent staff.

Edited because I'm a retard
  10. Ah Warrior Monk, you are indeed correct that the msn group has been hyjacked by the P Staff. But it is still treated in the same way.

Birmingham UOTC will be recruiting at all Universities in its catchment are this year, Birmingham, Coventry, Warwick, Wolverhampton, Staffordshire (both Stafford and Stoke campus), Keele, College of Cakes (BCFTCC) and Harper Adams.

The recruiting will be taking place during your freshers weeks and there will be a selection weekend on the 7 and 8th of october, which consists of some mandaroty tests, phys, interviews, medicals etc, and some interest stands, all finishing off with a good bout of paper work and not to mention the good old lash up in the mess on the saturday evening.

Ps. This is how recruiting has been run in the past, it may change this year
    PP.S Don't join the TA, OTC has a far better social life, there will be very few people of your age at the TA unit (if any), a big consideration while at university I assure you!!
  11. TrojanHos... or anyone else who knows.
    These mandatory tests- what are they? Do you have an aptitude test like the BARB or whatever the officer equivalent is at the RCB brief? I.e do I need to be brushing up on my maths if I turn up to have a go.

12. The nearest infantry units belong to the West Midlands Regiment. A (Fusilier) Company is in Sheldon near Birmingham Airport, B (WFR) Coy is in Kidderminster and Worcester and there are Staffords somwhere.

I agree that if you are uni you are better off joining the UOTC for the girls (none in infantry units), beer and adventure training.
  13. Mr N,

The tests are nothing to be worried about, I havent posted details because I don't know exactly what the plan is for this comming recruiting. If you are going to University you have enough knowledge to do anything that gets thrown in. Its all good fun in the end.

14. 210 battery based in Wolverhampton, are currently looking for OCdts. For those of you who are worried about having no one in your age group, you have no need to worry, a lot of the guys are aged between 18-23. We are also have a bar with loads of cheap beer for you to abuse.
  15. Brum UOTC does indeed have an unofficial website that was started about 5-6 years ago. The moderators have been passed down through the generations of students so the info on there is pretty much of a social nature.

Recent times have shown posts of a serious matter but hopefully the current moderators will clamp down on this!

PM me if you want the msn group address.
    I had awesome time in BUOTC and definately reckomend it over joining the TA whilst a student.