Birds....

Ok my Tuna supplier has got me some Woodpigeon, Duck and a Goose (Probably for Christmas)

The Duck and Goose I can probably manage but I might need some ideas for the Woodpigeon. All ideas gratefully accepted...... and thanks for the Tuna ideas Im working my way though almost all of them.....

W

wevers

Gut them of everything and then stick one on each foot and Hey presto...lovely festive slippers :wink: :wink:

W

wevers

You could gut them, dip them in a chocolate sauce and then place one on each hand,

And Voila lovely chocolate festive mittens which you can nibble on if you get peckish...... :wink: :wink:

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
Flash fry the breasts to brown them off and then stick in a medium oven for 15 - 20 mins. Make (or buy) a simple cranberry (or any wild berry - like Hoar-berry) sauce to pour over the breasts.

Serve with boiled or mashed tatties.

Goegeous!

Legs said:
Flash fry the breasts to brown them off and then stick in a medium oven for 15 - 20 mins. Make (or buy) a simple cranberry (or any wild berry - like Hoar-berry) sauce to pour over the breasts.

Goegeous!
What do you do with the rest of the carcass? could I make soup?

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
Gracie said:
Legs said:

Goegeous!
It's be a very small portion, but you could. I make soup with whole birds though. Much richer. Then used the meat that you don't want in the served soup to make a curry.

Legs said:
Gracie said:
Legs said:

Goegeous!
It's be a very small portion, but you could. I make soup with whole birds though. Much richer. Then used the meat that you don't want in the served soup to make a curry.
I hope I get more than one pigeon..... I was thinking of making Woodpigeon Mulligatawny soup... maybe... with the rest of the birds....