Discussion in 'Cookery' started by Gracie, Oct 17, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ok my Tuna supplier has got me some Woodpigeon, Duck and a Goose (Probably for Christmas)

The Duck and Goose I can probably manage but I might need some ideas for the Woodpigeon. All ideas gratefully accepted...... and thanks for the Tuna ideas Im working my way though almost all of them.....
  2. Gut them of everything and then stick one on each foot and Hey presto...lovely festive slippers :wink: :wink:
  3. I was hoping to eat them....
  4. You could gut them, dip them in a chocolate sauce and then place one on each hand,

And Voila lovely chocolate festive mittens which you can nibble on if you get peckish...... :wink: :wink:
  5. Preferably not raw or dipped in chocolate.....
  6. How about, er, roasted woodpigeon? Or woodpigeon bake?
  7. Flash fry the breasts to brown them off and then stick in a medium oven for 15 - 20 mins. Make (or buy) a simple cranberry (or any wild berry - like Hoar-berry) sauce to pour over the breasts.

Serve with boiled or mashed tatties.

8. What do you do with the rest of the carcass? could I make soup?
  9. It's be a very small portion, but you could. I make soup with whole birds though. Much richer. Then used the meat that you don't want in the served soup to make a curry.
  10. I hope I get more than one pigeon..... I was thinking of making Woodpigeon Mulligatawny soup... maybe... with the rest of the birds....
  11. shove one inside the other and then inside the other shove in oven and 3 in 1