Birds doing ironing

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by KJC84, Jun 13, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Could any of you lovely blokes advise me why soldiers are so adverse to their missus ironing their kit?

2. Because women dont do it right, we tend to go for quantity rather than quality.

Which is why we can iron 3 baskets in an hour, to their one set of C95 per hour.

Trust me, let him do his own and rest your legs luv

3. How true, Often wonder if H2B has been abducted, only to find he is still ironing trousers that he started half an hour earlier!

4. ... because we don't want them to ruin it. :lol:

5. Imagine being on Parade...........

"Why's your kit in shit state soldier x"?

"My mrs Ironed it for me sir.........?"

Get out!!!

6. Simple really. If you want your collars scorched, and tramlines down your sleeves, let your significant other iron your kit. If you dont want to look like a big bag'o'shite, do it yourself.

7. RTFQ

RTFQ RIP

Because you put that blo0dy smelly water stuff in (no, not urine) so your uniform smells of flowers and girls pants (fresh, not 3 day old, sadly). This IS NOT an act of War. Furthermore you ask silly questions like, should I put a crease here? why does your collar need to be so flat? and what does this badge mean? Stop it wench. Uniforms also get them over excited which is an annoyance when watching the rugger.

8. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Oh yes, I have seen someone on parade with lovely creases in their Trs Lt Wt - but on either side, not front and rear. The "Missus did it" excuse didn't work :D

I must say that I do most of the ironing at home - but am banned now from ironing socks, underwear, etc. Pity - I always say that there's nothing like a bit of starch in the boxers to wake you up in the morning :oops:

9. No longer have uniform but still iron most of my own kit as a matter of habit. Also means Mrs M can't complain about me not doing any of the other ironing.

10. Have you done my vest and pants yet bitch?

11. Vest & pants - says it all really

12. Vest and pants.........you just can't beat them.

13. When Mrs cuddles was still only Miss O'Fenian, in a bid to suck up to me she offered to iron some of my marquees..erm..enormous Lewin's shirts. I thanked her courteously but with an element of suspicion - because I could see her ironing things of her own and then hanging them on hangers! Metal ones to boot...

So as any good officer would I set out to create an opportunity for success for her and reached across the book cases and produced a rectangle of cardboard. "Here you are my little IRA sympathiser and undoubted fellow-travelling Republican..." I cooed and handed it to her.

"Begob and what pray is that, to be sure" quoth she, shaking her fiery gingery locks and wobbling her immense bust in a manner best described as "arousing". "Why bless your bog-trotting heart, it's a template for you to fold my shirts on..."

God that iron was hot...and people wonder why we send our ironing out

14. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

The main reason that wifie is not allowed to iron kit is that they don't have to do the extras. :oops:

However, start them off bulling boots - you can always finish it off correctly after the hours of 'magic circles' have been done. (After proper instruction of course). :wink:

15. Ironing; it's what Phillipinas are for, isn't it?

(See, racist, sexist and workshy. I have important interweb things to do, like this. Boggering about with tomorrow's Wranglers is an activity unworthy of those who have access to ARRSE and other vital resources.)