Bionic man??

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by 1stgulfmac, Nov 17, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So will the Army pay for this:

BBc News

hope the link works first time I've done this.

2. I remember reading about a septic who had a BKA and was then told that the only prosthesis that would allow him to return to his combat unit was only available for AKA. He went back into theatre, had his knee removed and the new prosthetic leg installed. He went back to the front line (Fallujah? My memory fails me).

3. Shee-it, man, that's dedication to the job.

I have to tip my hat to him. If I'd lost nearly half my leg, I'd have taken a shiny arrsed job back Stateside. Not gone back to have more off, to then go back to the sandpit for more fun and limb-losing games.

FF.

4. Wow that certainly is dedictaed!

5. and dedicated :wink:

6. Spooling late (kind of!) at nite! But yes its dedicated as well as being dedictaed!

7. I take it all back, I've just spent the day seeing exactly what the Army does provide. The work done at Headley Court is magnificent, prosthetics built and designed on the spot to suit individuals. Service personnel with the most apalling injuries are treated in the most amazing ways. Support is second to none and the word "care" is there in its truest meaning. Having just had Rememberance please do not forget those who are there for care or those who care for them. Its obviously too good a story for the misery seeking press, but spread the word.