Biometrics

Discussion in 'Afghanistan' started by broadside, Jun 24, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi there,

When serving in Afghanistan I handled a lot of contraband, weapons etc etc which we found on the ground and sent back for exploitations.

This happened quite a lot, and at the time I wan't too bothered about the biometric implications for me personally, so while I mostly used gloves etc etc, I am not confident that I didn't at any stage touch stuff with my own fair hands which will then have got picked up on a list somewhere.

When I leave the Army in the near future, I intend to travel to a few places which require biometric screening in order to get a VISA. To that end I am very keen to get my name removed from any lists, can any one advise on who to speak to about getting this done?

Many thanks.

2. Danny?

3. You might start by avoiding such chat on a public internet forum. Thought about the boring old Chain of Command?

4. Chain of command should be able to task RMPs to biometrically enrol you on to the relevant databases. Unless you enjoy having an Afro-American thumb up your arse it might be worth doing before you travel to the US.