Biometrics

Hi there,

When serving in Afghanistan I handled a lot of contraband, weapons etc etc which we found on the ground and sent back for exploitations.

This happened quite a lot, and at the time I wan't too bothered about the biometric implications for me personally, so while I mostly used gloves etc etc, I am not confident that I didn't at any stage touch stuff with my own fair hands which will then have got picked up on a list somewhere.

When I leave the Army in the near future, I intend to travel to a few places which require biometric screening in order to get a VISA. To that end I am very keen to get my name removed from any lists, can any one advise on who to speak to about getting this done?

Many thanks.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Hi there,

When serving in Afghanistan I handled a lot of contraband, weapons etc etc which we found on the ground and sent back for exploitations.

This happened quite a lot, and at the time I wan't too bothered about the biometric implications for me personally, so while I mostly used gloves etc etc, I am not confident that I didn't at any stage touch stuff with my own fair hands which will then have got picked up on a list somewhere.

When I leave the Army in the near future, I intend to travel to a few places which require biometric screening in order to get a VISA. To that end I am very keen to get my name removed from any lists, can any one advise on who to speak to about getting this done?

Many thanks.
Danny?

Chain of command should be able to task RMPs to biometrically enrol you on to the relevant databases. Unless you enjoy having an Afro-American thumb up your arse it might be worth doing before you travel to the US.