Biomedical Scientist

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by PotentialOPMI, Aug 26, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. On a recent trip to my local AFCO, I was informed that if I applied to be a Biomedical Scientist, I would have to do extra tests to usual. Anyone have any information on these extra tests? Or know anywhere I can find this extra information. Waiting on my doctor to fill out his part of my medical form so I won't be going back to the AFCO for a fortnight, So I decided to ask you guys? :)

2. Hi, might be worth your AFCO contacting RAMC Soldiers Recruiting at Camberley to comfirm they are recruiting BMS. My understanding is that they are not recruiting BMS this year & have not now for the last couple of years as they are currently overmanned. Failing that you might want to phone yourself and get the information from the horses mouth, contact number is, 01276 412630.

Wish you the best of luck

3. Try the RAF or Navy if you really want to become a BMS (Navy have better promotion to Chief) the Army may take 1 a year but as stated above we are currently overmanned that being said by the time you finish training and your degree we will have lost a good number, if not all, of the pre lead service techs. Will speak my contacts at the BMS school and get some more info to you via PM

4. Cherry, forgive my ignorance, have not been an Army Lab Tech for some 14 years now, but what is a pre lead service tech ???? Have all the tech's from my era gone (83 to 96) ??? I left as a SSgt from the RAM College !!!!

5. No not all the techs have gone, most have, the rest are all within 4 years of finishing though. Lead service came about roundabout the time you left, the RAF took on lead service and the rest of the services culled their intakes until the RAF decided they didnt like sandy deserts or something and the Army & Navy started recruiting again in 1999/2000.

Back to the original post, the services are only taking direct entries now, uni then operational training for those that make the grade. The Army are not recruiting this year or next apparently so try the other services I would say.

6. i will concur with everthing cherry has said, also i wouldnt be to rash until the next strageic defence reveiw is published.