Biological weapon threat goes up... then sorts itself out

Discussion in 'Int Corps' started by CRmeansCeilingReached, Jan 20, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can't get the creases right - I prefer some one else doing it for me! :lol:

There is another thread on the Current Affairs Topic covering this. Balanced argument and not at all jingoistic!

2. Its not true.

A "smart person who knows about this stuff" whos name i didnt catch (His information was from, but not not directly briefed by, the UN) was on Radio 4 last night, he was stating that it was not plague.

The whole story arises from a poorly translated article from the local paper there which stated they all died of disease, disease was translated into plague. He also said that the time frame for the deaths does not match plague, and that it would have been easily treated by anti-biotics which they would have easily been able to get a hold of. The UN is not taking this seriously, so no need to panic.

As an additional, the person on the radio also stated that plague is still kicking about backwaters of the world and over a thousand cases are reported every year, this is not Smallpox, it is easily treated.

3. PJ, you're no fun at all. why let the facts get in the way of a funny story :)

4. It's certainly never been a problem for "The Telegraph".

5. Ah sorry CR, humour mode is needing repair this week. But if it was true, at least we can count on the mini-Hoff (Hoffman, less cool than The Hoff) to save the day with a banana under a box held up by a stick on a string. US Army NBC spending at its best.

6. Do not under estimate them.