Binyamin Netanyahu

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Nehustan, Aug 9, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

[align=center]I watched this the other night and was amazed. I think that this is possibly Mora's father. If not they are definately on the same wavelength...

BBC Hardtalk[/align]

2. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

I saw him interviewed recently, and he compared Israel's response to Hezbollah to Britain's bombing of German cities in WWII, brushing aside the minor difference that Lebanon is not in fact at war with Israel, has not invaded any surrounding countries, and didn't start it anyway!

3. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Yep that pretty much what he does in this video, minus Mora's 'I want to have Tommy's babies!!'

4. I saw this lunatic being interviewed by David Frost just after 9/11. He said that the reason Hamas/Hezbollah etc were attacking Israel was because they were such close allies of the US! You would get more sense out of Norman Bates than Binyamin Netanyahu.

5. If you cut out the comparative history he hit the interviewer with,

IMHO he came across quite well and I found myself thinking, fair play to Israel.

Bit worried as I quite liked the chap, found myself thinking "Go get em tiger"

But then he is a Politician and his job is to sell ideas

He did touch on journalistic use of hyperbole, and suggested that the Israeli response in terms of troops on the ground was minimal

6. Good first name tho

(was going to say Christian name but the anti-mong alarm stopped me)

7. Sticks up for his country what is what we want I believe.

Royalmile said
    I saw this lunatic being interviewed by David Frost just after 9/11. He said that the reason Hamas/Hezbollah etc were attacking Israel was because they were such close allies of the US! You would get more sense out of Norman Bates than Binyamin Netanyahu.

Think he was pointing out that Israel was a close ally of the US which was why they are being attacked by Hez/Ham.Where both terrorist mobs attacking Israel at the time of 9/11?

8. IIRC this fella's brother napped it leading the Entebbe raid didn't he?,and he himself rose to become a general,so he might have a slightly biased view but should know what is talking about imho.

9. Evil lunatic under a very thin veneer of respectability.

10. The greatest love of Bibi Netanyahu's life is himself.

His brother Yonatan (who died at Entebbe) is seen as the ultimate Israeli war hero (a legend helped by the publication of his letters).
    Don't think Bibi ever reached the ranks of General but all three brothers served in the Sayeret Matkal (Israeli special forces unit).

11. Not sure who said it this week but heard a comment that IIRC Allied attacks against the V weapons killed at least 500 people from Holland.

12. I have no problem him sticking up for his country, and I for one feel that Israel has every right to protect itself from missiles being fired into their country by terrorist organisations. My point is that in his interview with David Frost after 9/11 his meesage was that the main reason Israel was being attacked was because it was an ally of the US. This did seem an unusual view (to me at least).

13. Max Hastings was commissioned to write a book on Yoni, who was indeed killed leading the Entebbe raid. His draft did not meet with the approval of the family and he was forced to pull it. From the Hastings book I believe that BN was an academic in the US who came back to Israel after this. I have never liked BN and IMHO feel that he got on politically by riding on his late brother's reputation.

14. I apologise,I was under the impression he did but time does dim the old memory somewhat. :cry:

15. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

"Back to front and upside down" springs to my mind.