Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by tebagagap, Oct 27, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone know a good supplier of Binos with graticules?

2. Old type, try ebay, not cheap though, older ones are better in good nick

3. A firm called Russian Military used to do a range of cheap binos from small ones up to Panzer Commander size ones.

Pretty cheap as well.

Just search in the UK for Russian Military
  4. napier

napier LE Moderator Reviewer

Is there anyone who can put graticules on civvy binos - REME types?
  5. napier

napier LE Moderator Reviewer

Mine are steiner too, but civvy 8x30 (here)
    If anyone knows of a technical type with the know how/tools to do this I'd be beer grateful.
  6. I actually retail binoculars in Salisbury and a couple of years ago tried to get Opticron to make me some with a Mils graticule plate in but sadly the cost of re-tooling to make room for the plate was far too expensive.
    Ziess will supply their individual eye focus 8x30 with two types of graticules (horizontal & horizontal + vertical) but here I think the last pair I sold was about £680 ish, and even then I had to get Zeiss to "nick" a pair from a batch destined for the UAE. I did get them back in a p/x for a pair of Swarovski's but they stayed in the shop for about two years only venturing out for the Bisley Service Rifle meeting, :D we had trouble selling them because they had graticules in!
    I think Weaver my have a bino with graticules in and from memory I think I looked at a pair last March but can not remember if they ever imported them.
    PM me if you want me to look into this any further.