Bin the Retention Forum

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by msr, Mar 24, 2008.

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
  2. No

0 vote(s)

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

It's not really taken off, does it want to be binned?

2. Ashamed to say I never looked at it. There are so many other threads in the normal forum with suggestions on how to improve training and treatment.
  3. Given that the powers that be don't care much about retention either ... :p

Seriously, you should probably make it a sticky, to which good ideas can be added.

4. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Theres a retention forum? - you learn something new everday
  5. Who knows. One good idea can change the world!
  6. So far:

130 views, 10 votes, 4 responses.

Apathy rules OK?
  7. Well, it is a Bank Holiday. Except up here :(
  8. I say keep it. There is a lot of retention related information in the standard area. People need to be made fully aware of the retention area and told (off?) if the post is in the wrong place.

Might mean more work for you thogh MSR!

T C
  9. On this very point...want to keep lads in?..stop fuckin about with the pay..if we sell it as a second job..sort out the bean counters and pay the lads on the same date every month..and the bounty to be paid in the same month every year...this is the biggest gripe from my lads...
    as for kit when your train for OP's it turns up so no dramas there as far as we are concerned..:)
  10. Well that's just in Swampy. All to often do 'normal' threads end up as retention threads yet they aren't moved or the points are just posted in the wrong part of the forum.

When the Retention forum came out it was only really used for a few weeks and then it went back to the old way.

I personally feel that having all retention issues and solutions in the same place will be very beneficial to any one involved in TA decision making.

T C
  11. Leave it there, msr may need some help to MOD it, thats all, as I can imagine that Modding is a difficult job at the best of times.

A dedicated Retention forum Mod maybe?
  12. Whats Retention TA doesn't have it so why should arrse
  13. the phrase 'hit the nail on the head' comes to mind
  14. msr

msr LE

So how would you try and change that?

15. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

You know, I didn't even notice that there was one. I'd bin it personally, as the regular posters discuss retention and so on quite happily in the main Just TA area.