BIN THE QUEENS JUBILEE MEDAL

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by ece-smudge, Jan 31, 2002.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. WHAT A WASTE OF MONEY,3.8 MILLION QUID TO ISSUE THE MILITARY THIS LATEST GONG.THE EXPENCE NEVER ENDS,YOU HAVE TO GET IT MOUNTED AND BUY THE MINIATURE TOO.PUT THE MONEY BACK INTO SERVICE FOLKS POCKET BY SCRAPPING THE 2 YEAR LSSA BOUNTY QUALIFYING RULE THAT NOBODY IN THE RAO CAN EXPLAIN CORRECTLY

2. how many regular soldiers are going to qualify for jubilee medal anyway?

3. I've got one from last time round, any one want it??......Pussy........done it again!!

4. I found out the other week that I am two months short of getting that one.. BUGGER!! Oh well..

5. How are they going to decide??? for the Silver Jubilee there were only 6 allocated to certain Units. How was it decided??? Names into a hat in the Mess!!   Iv'e still got it, worth about 30 quid, but to you my boy............

6. No.  It was not names out of a hat at all.  I'll let you in to the secret.  It was done a fair and just way; the military way.  If there was one allocated to a unit then the CO got it.  Two and the CO and RSM got it, Three, the CO, RSM and Adjt got them and so on down through the Adjt and RSMs mates.  We all know that this is true and you will see by how few derogatory replies I get.  Your unit was lucky to have got six.  This immediately makes me think that you are in the Guards or HCR.  I can’t think of why she would give six to any other unit.  

7. Bang on, lunch. I was amazed to note that the CO and the RSM of my then outfit got the 77 version. What were the chances of their both pulling winning tickets, eh?

8. Ask HQ Land Support Unit how many they got issued on the first batch! Bet all the top knobs have them pinned on very soon, Joe Bloggs on the gate won't though!

9. TA  must have 5years of efficient service including training year 2001/2

10. At least it is slightly better than the Silver Jubilee issue.  The father of a friend of mine got one of those for being a Chartered Accountant!  

This time round any service length threshold is going to disappoint someone but a whole lot more are going to get one.  Good news for tailors.

11. on the first round of the Jubilee medal, our unit was C.O. youngest member of Regiment, and 1 pulled out the hat (as we were split over 6 different locations I doubt that really happened) I reckon they looked out the C.O.'s window and picked the first Scrote they saw...
    mind you it was a good conversation piece on parades questions like " what the fcuk is that ribbon your'e wearing" from a few snco's was not unknown.
    Did tell 1 c**t that it was hereditary medal as one of my ancestors was with General Woolfe when he copped it in Canada, silly sod believed me even SSM had a good laugh at that..