Billy Bragg protest against Bankers Bonus`

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by The_Kurgen, Jan 18, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just Heard this article on BBC Radio 2.
    I am no great lover of Mr Braggs politics,however I feel he makes a good point.Why are the Banks being allowed to reap huge rewards for little or no risk? As Mr Bragg said, it is the morals of the issue that are wrong.
    And no party has said how they will tackle this.
    There was a female contributor, name escapes me, can`t be arssed to search, who bleated on that these bankers had to have these huge bonuses to keep them motivated and encourage top people into these jobs.
    So lets see, top people, succeeded in bringing ecomony to a halt and bankrupted UK.
    And these are the best?
    What sticks in craw is if I owed the bank money, they would hound me to death. Perhaps I wont pay my credit card bill as I deserve a bonus for working so hard.
    Rant over

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows/jeremy-vine/

2. Probably Angela Knight - Chief Exec of the British Bankers' Association.

3. So we need realy inteligent people to run the banks, Some years ago in Japan they got 11 of the top financial analists and a Parrot to say what they thought would be the biggest earning funds for the next few months the parrot came third.

4. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

I once took 3 economists to the range.

The first missed the target to the left.
    The second missed the target to the right.
    The Third said he now had no need to fire.....

5. Nothing will change, the system will be changed to get around any rules or regulations brought into force.
    I agree Bankers should get bonuses, but not on the scale it is being dished out.
    Firstly though pay back the cash we put in to bail you out. Get your customers back the cash you lost and start behaving like human beings towards your small customers.

Then you might find the public dont give a stuff about your outrageous bonuses!!!!!!

6. RiflemanTom

RiflemanTom Old-Salt Book Reviewer

7. Well, if an employee of a bank has a contract stipulating that they will receive a bonus, then there's not much the bank can do to deny it to them. Unpopular, but that's the way it is.

Personally, I think those even more to blame are the people who ran the country at a loss through the boom and failed to properly regulate the financial sector, rewarding excessive risk-taking. We'd be far better off now if it wasn't for our staggering national debt.