Billing for an E0 item

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by HEART_STOPPER, Apr 19, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone help me out with a little bit of info please.

I have to bill a guy for an E0 item that he's lost but i'm a bit stuck as to how much to bill him.

The book says,

Stores calssified as surplus or scrap prior to discovery of the loss. Use disposal value, either known or estimated.

Now where do i get the disposal value or who does the estimating because quite frankly, its a smashed watch that has gone missing but obviously is on the planned repair scheme so it was required to be returned but now it's missing someone needs to be held accountable and sadly that falls to the guy in charge of the store at the time it went missing.

Any help would be great.

Cheers in advance HS
  2. -50% FWT +17.5% VAT

^ The maths I use when billing for an E0 item.
  3. Unless negligence or culpability has been proved, you are on very sticky ground billing a soldier for stores lost whilst held on account in a store (a different matter entirely, of course, if held on signature for personal use).

The correct procedure in this instance is to charge the soldier and for the OC to award PUSP if he deems it appropriate. The other COA is for the QM to write the watch off as a small stores loss.