Bill Shaw MBE - Help Please (merged threads)

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Mag_to_grid, Mar 20, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. udipur

udipur LE Book Reviewer

He was merely oiling the wheels of business in a land where 'extra' counts. Not the only place in the world it happens.

Never happens here, you understand...
  2. Funny, the words "Scapegoat" and "example" suddenly spring to mind, " Meester Brown you see it is not us that are corrupt,"(overheard on my No10 phone tap)
  3. In the recent Corruption Preception index, Aghanistan was 179th out of 180 with only Somalia being more corrupt. As Tropper says, with President Karzai trying to sort out the 'slight' corruption problem, this poor guy has just got caught up in the flak and is being made a scapegoat of.

'Hypocrisy' is also a word that springs to mind.
  4. In all my wanderings in Afghanistan,Pakistan, and other Muslim countrys I always found a couple pf bottles of Famous Grouse went a long way to improove Celitc, Muslim relations
  5. I take your point, but maybe we need to be careful about making remarks which could be taken to imply that Bill Shaw is actually guilty of corruption. Without wishing to debate the case here, the facts alleged in the article are somewhat different from the traditional "oiling the wheels of business" scenario.
  6. As someone who has had dealings with both parties in this case, i can tell you that its a very back-stabbing world in Kabul, The FCO, G4S/AG do act with the best possible intrests at heart and do a great job in the country.

I think that knowing both parties, tell me that there is a lot more to this story other than what is reported here.
  7. Fcuk me tropper is there somewhere you haven't been?
  8. I just hope that Bill gets out of this mess in one piece. A better LE Officer I have yet to meet!!!!

It does, however, highlight the problems one can encounter when working as a government contractor - will either our crappy government or G4S really do anything to help him or will it be the usual hot air!!
  9. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Mainland Britain.

We know he has been to Norn Oireland 'cos he told us of cold, wet nights there.

10. Iraq
    New Zeland

And loads more
  11. This is still a sensitive and very much ongoing issue and I think we should all refrain from comments until it's over. As Bomb Int said FCO and G4s ae doing their best in what is a VERY back stabbing place.
  12. Do you go to Elevenarife on holiday?
  13. Belfast Morgue
  14. What happened to innocent until proved guilty?