Bill Rammell Seeks £1BN for youngsters..

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Mr_Bridger, Oct 27, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ....Ladies and Gentlepeeps.

I find myself a little surprised on viewing uncle Bill's personal website.

Over a page of how he wants to get his mits on a slice of £1Bn for his local community, and even a poll on supporting his campaign for the A414 / M11 link road. NOT ONE WORD ABOUT THE ARMED FORCES THOUGH.

Bill "Working hard for you" Rammell (or should that be Ram-all)

Bill Rammell MP urges Harlow Council to create jobs for local youngsters

Bill Rammell MP is calling on Harlow Council and local organisations to work with him to ensure that Harlow gets its fair share of a new £1 billion fund for young people at risk of long term unemployment. Bill Rammell MP will bring together local leaders in a meeting aimed at developing proposals for new, useful jobs that young people can do in the local community.

Bill Rammell MP said:

"The Labour Government has put up the money, now it is up to us to come up with the ideas as to how we can give real jobs in the community to young people who are out of work. I want to hear people's ideas for what needs doing locally but I want the Council to get at the front of the queue.

In the last recession young people were left on the scrapheap. I am determined that this should not happen this time and that every young person who would otherwise be long term unemployed gets a job or training. We need to work together to make sure we use this opportunity to help young people get jobs but also to make sure those jobs help the community."

This Government’s Budget for Jobs announced a new £1billion Future Jobs Fund which aims to create 150,000 jobs for people at risk of long term unemployment. The Future Jobs Fund is part of more than £3billion investment in extra skills and training for jobseekers, which has enabled the Government to be able to guarantee work or training to every 18 to 24 year old who is in danger of becoming long term unemployed.

The Government aims to have that guarantee in place by January but is seeking to develop jobs fund places as quickly as possible.

The Fund, though only announced last week, is open for business and already sports organisations have pledged to create 5,000 jobs for young people.

ENDS – For more information, contact: Bill Rammell or Katy Diggory – 020 7219
  2. I don't think we'll be seeing much more of him anyway - Clickety click

3. Which is why he is focussing on his electorate; very few Service personnel will be able to vote for him! He is, after all, an MP first and a Minister second.

Anyway, with a majority of 97, he is toast!

4. Seems like a fair swop.