• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Bill Grundy, eat your ******* heart out !

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Bugger ! Wish I'd heard this !

Anybody get a copy of this programme ?

Reuters said:
Watchdog bashes BBC for profane boo-boo

LONDON (Reuters) - Regulators chastised the BBC on Tuesday, saying the publicly-funded broadcaster was "seriously misguided" for airing a radio programme that opened with an elderly woman reeling off a long string of profanities.

After a brief warning about strong language, the Radio 1 programme on punk culture, which aired at 7 p.m. British time on June 16, began: "Hello ladies, boys and girls, I thought that you might like to know - in the spirit of punk rock - the following show includes, what we often refer to as language. So if, like me, you are offended by such words and phrases as (a list of 13 offensive words) then you might wish to turn over, or **** off. Thank you".

Media regulator Ofcom ruled that the profanity "was clearly intended to be ironic and provide a humorous introduction to the programme", but noted that listeners aged 4 to 14 make up 14 percent of the Radio 1 audience at that hour.

"Given the potential child audience for Radio 1 at this time, we believe that the use of such strong language, with such intensity, at the start of the programme was inappropriate", the regulator wrote in its ruling, available in full on the Ofcom Web site (http://www.ofcom.org.uk/tv/obb/prog_cb/pcb51/).
http://newsbox.msn.co.uk/article.as...ortlive&ks=0&mc=5&ml=ma&lc=en&ae=windows-1252

but noted that listeners aged 4 to 14 make up 14 percent of the Radio 1 audience at that hour.
At 7 pm, kids that don't know the work "fcuk" should be in bed, and their parents should be reading stories to them, or they should be playing outside with their mates. Why would they be listening to some fat kiwi playing the Subways or Distillers and generally stealing from the Xfm playlist?

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Bits said:
Radio 1's Listen Again only has the last week's shows available.
Yeah Bits, I tried that. I don't think the Beeb will be selling off copies of the txion either, though I might just ask.
You never, never know...

Latest Threads