Bikes: do any units use them

I bought a Montague Paratrooper folding bike, apparently used by the US military.
Are there any units in the British Army which use bikes, and if so is it a standard bike across the board or are they sourced by individual units?

There was a young lady of horizontal pleasure during my time at Ashford called Sue. She was also known as The Int Cycle.

I bought a Montague Paratrooper folding bike, apparently used by the US military.
Are there any units in the British Army which use bikes, and if so is it a standard bike across the board or are they sourced by individual units?
What possessed you to buy that?

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Cos it's Para/SAS/RM/CDO/SBS/FFL/Rangers/Delta/SEALs innit???

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
they've been around for 20 years like that, surprised its considered suitable for a para though - it has gears for a start.

a friend had one of the early ones which went into his mini a treat :) not cheap though IIRC

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
thats not really a military use though is it, not like the swiss anti tank 3 speed mountain bike :)

Have you ever tried off road cycling on a Brompton? I needed a folding bike that could handle going off road and was in a colour that didn't stick out like a beacon when it's left unattended. My last folding mountain bike was a white Dahon, which stood out a mile and wasn't up to the job anyway.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
yeah you cant jump too well on a brompton as the rear wheel folds in.

Ex Army folding bikes used to be sold in Exchange and Mart for about thirty bob. One speed, no lights, didn't last long, be collectors items now and cost a fortune.

CrabfatBill

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Lairdx Weapons, Equipment & Rations 24
Rincewind The NAAFI Bar 62
T Classified Ads 1