Discussion in 'Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs' started by Arte_et_Marte, Aug 31, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've had a shufti round the site for a motorcycle group. All things related to 2 wheels and an engine, obviously, (wouldn't want to get associated with that other crowd of peddling maniacs) and I cannot find one.

Is there a double secret group hidden away? If not I'll start one if there is any interest. I've been riding 39 years now and have quite a few handy harry contacts tucked away.

I'm thinking of invitation only, where we can chat about clubs, rallies, track days, touring, kit, spares and whether the BMF is better than MAG. Or not. Whether hotels are for wimps and canvas still rules. Or not.

Back patch wannabees need not apply.

2. Yo. Ditto 40 years man and boy, still flogging a VTR1000 SP-2 around the countryside when I'm in UK. Most definitely not a back patch wannabe or never was. Where do I sign?
  3. Careful, the little leather waistcoat club might get upset that you didn't seek their permission beforehand. You might post through their bit of the internet.

It's probably best to ask Forestero first.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. I've got 2 MZ's can I join in?
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Don't be so harsh Spaz, it's a work in progress.

• Like Like x 2
  6. I do hope being a gayer is not a pre requisite?
  7. I'll give it a couple of days and see if others are as keen as we are.

Ha! :) Over the years I've read the various posts from those idiots. (Why do they ALWAYS get their chaps in a twist when the banter starts?) Some of the back patch ideas, with photographs (was it you or jarrod? I cannot find the best thread) are ace.

I have no beef with Forestero (or his mates) and I don't need his blessing. 1%ers generally only have 1% of their bodies working correctly, and I can run, ride, hop skip and jump so much quicker :)

Now't wrong with MZ's mate.
  8. It's not, but it won't be a bar to joining.

You tease.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. I love the smell of 2 stroke in the morning, it smells of........................Success, thank fuk it's started.
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Speedway.

Castrol GTX.

Say no more.
  11. I'm a lapsed biker but very opinionated, can I join?

PS My lawnmower is a 2-stroke, if that's any good.
    • Like Like x 2
  12. I'm nowhere near 60, but I am a biker.
  13. How very dare you! I remember the halcyon days of the Yamaha RDLC & YPVS
    • Like Like x 2