biker friendly accomodation Northern Belguim

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by hayabusagaz, Jan 31, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A group of us are going to Arnhem at the end of june..does anyone know of Biker friendly accomodation in North Belgium??

Around the Antwerp area if possible..

Riding through France and into Belgium on the first day..then onto Arnhem on the 2nd say..overnighting at Arnhem then back to the UK via Dunkirk..

2. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

3. Cheers fella....don't think the ladies would appreciate your recommended digs....

4. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Sorry Bud. I didnt realise you were taking Biker Birds. Heres a helpful *Linky*

5. ta......YOU ******* BELL END!!!..

Are you the sites SPESHUL NEEDS CHILD????

6. Don't worry he's only in training, there are many much worse.

7. Fair enough...post a legitimate request and get that though?? never mind..
    I thought that with the amount of bods here that are in Europe , some being bikers as well , they may know of decent accomodation around the Antwerp area...that's secure for motorcycles as well..
    Going from Calais into Belgium, overnighting near Antwerp then riding into Holland up to Arnhem...

8. Someone will post something sensible I'm sure.

9. Whatever you do, do'nt look to overnight in Antwerp: God-awful shitfuckcrap town it is. Push on through - and make sure you do it before 1600-ish: the place becomes the biggest roundabout in Europe and the Kennedy Tunnel all but impassable, even on a bike. I seem to remember that there are some so-so motels on the E34 where the E313 joins it.

If you've got the legs for it on the first day, get as close as you can to Eindhoven-better choice and a damned sight more friendlier.

As to your route on the second day, I'd personally take A67 East and then N271 North. It gives you a rest from the Autoweg, it's a good biking road but you'll find yourself distracted by all the little memorial sites and small CWGC sites on the route.

10. Ask on The Royal British Legion Riders Branch website. (If not a member of the Legion you may be required to join).

They have an overseas branch with a lot of riders based in the Rhine Area/Holland/Belguim etc who will have local knowledge.

11. Thanks very much ..that's appreciated...all of us going are ex services..but have never been to europe as civvies..
    A bit naive about things...we'll avoid Antwerp then...and go for Eindhoven....I'll speak to the rest of the lads..

That advice is great..thank you.