Bike electric, one.

Well, it is a bike.T&Di by name, Chinese manufacture. It has three 12v 12ah batteries, the batt connection wiring is missing. Should I go for series or parallel, 12 or 36 volt. Anyone got a clue?

Well, it is a bike.T&Di by name, Chinese manufacture. It has three 12v 12ah batteries, the batt connection wiring is missing. Should I go for series or parallel, 12 or 36 volt. Anyone got a clue?
Try it with one 12 volt battery first and see what happens.

Has it got any instruments like volt meter or battery condition indicator?

Aren't you going to look a bit of a twat riding down your local high street?

Electric-Toy-Motorcycle-318-.jpg

I know a lass with one of these leccy bikes, a hand made one dontcha know. yar. she rates it for use in London. (Except when she's hammered ..'bit fast')

Ever since i saw an OAP zoom up a hill on one a few years ago with a very happy look on her face I have thought about getting one. Any stories? They any good?

The call of the road, man : Dumb and Dumber - YouTube
Lots of them nowadays in the Mekong Delta - also a very flat area. The problem with them is that they make no noise at all, so you need to keep your wits about you when walking through the towns. And they are very quick.

36V you big woofter. After all, what's the worst that could happen on a Chinese made bicycle of uncertain construction?

alot of time in crayshee sheksheey holland has taught me to look right, look, left, use 6th sense and then spin head like a spinning radar for good measure. i can 'feel' a bike coming sometimes in holland somehow. even in the car. they can just zoom out of a side-street in urban areas straight across a road...a few times i've slowed, not knowing why i am doing it... and had a bike flash in front of me (often with a kid on the back) yet been unable to see nor hear it at all in advance. its shpooky. fingersh croshed I/they shtay lucky. i'll be back there shortly on a work jolly.

edited to add: i know it doesnt really compare with asia though. i remember seeing a bloke on a honda scooter coming down a very deeply rutted /totally untreated muddy path on a mountain in thailand with ten cases of beer strapped to it! we were struggling going up until i saw that and thought we must carry on if he can do that!
At least they have crayshee shekshey bike lanes, in Hull they ride on the pavements. It's also against the law to have a bell on your bike in Hull.

Imagine getting nicked for that?!! Is Prescott already imposing his will of iron up there? It'll be Gulags for joggers with iPods next.

I know what you mean about bike lanes. I had to cycle along some lanes near work for a couple of days when car was off road. As experienced as I am on two wheels I felt like Norman Wisdom wobbling about and hearly falling in hedges to avoid speeding idiots. "Mr Grimsd-a-aaa-le! wooah!" the government should forceably claim a metre or two of farmers land and people's gardens on lanes and roads and cut some decent bike lanes and pavements in. gets ridiculous. specially when you see what they have in Holland, Denmark etc. Makes us look rather shabby I feel. Sniff. (pulls bramble branch off jacket.)
bike lanes in brighton appear to be training grounds for the idiots who then go onto play with real roads after making a complete arse out of bicycle lanes.
best bike lane is in the middle of nowhere and goes nowhere useful sometimes cycle out to it to dream.
they had to lay the promanade cycle lane twice and managed to set it up so it killed some poor sod.

Flash to bang four mins. 'kin awsome. Sorted now, 36v. Cheers chaps.

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
the government should forceably claim a metre or two of farmers land and people's gardens on lanes and roads and bury the stupid gits who feel they have a chance against one ton of speeding steel.
Pay some ******* road tax, two wheeled scum.

No the twats some how managed to arrange the cycle path next to a staircase without thinking possibly a safety rail at the top might have been an idea.
The first time they laid the Tarmac they grabbed some pikeys to lay Tarmac straight over pavement and some how managed to make it uncomfatable to cycle on.

Happy to pay road tax how much is it?

Holy thread necromancy batman !

For some reason the missus decided to blow her pie budget on a leccy bike on ebay, and I have to say once you get over the fact you look like a **** and sound like a milk float its surprisingly good. I mean you feel as unsafe as hell but you soon get over that, and for £300 it was (nearly) a steal.

At least they have crayshee shekshey bike lanes, in Hull they ride on the pavements. It's also against the law to have a bell on your bike in Hull.
Sounds like Cambridge, cnuts can't bloody cycle & think they're the dogs dangly bits. The Missis almost took one out the other week, bloke was riding a bike & holding a brolly up as he cycled along.

Pah get one of these instead
80cc ENGINE KIT FOR YOUR ELECTRIC BIKE MOPED BICYCLE | eBay
[video]<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wZXxWdwb7yE?version=3&feature=player_embedded"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wZXxWdwb7yE?version=3&feature=player_embedded" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>[/video]

Pah get one of these instead
80cc ENGINE KIT FOR YOUR ELECTRIC BIKE MOPED BICYCLE | eBay
[video]<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wZXxWdwb7yE?version=3&feature=player_embedded"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wZXxWdwb7yE?version=3&feature=player_embedded" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>[/video]
I tried one of these down at The 12Volt Shop in St Austell. It was f**king terrifying when you found out that the bike brakes weren't up to the task - you have been warned

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs 13
T Classified Ads 1
T Classified Ads 1