Bigley book of condolence stolen

A book of condolence opened in tribute to the murdered Iraq hostage Kenneth Bigley has been stolen.
Thieves also took a framed photograph of him, candles and some sympathy cards from Birmingham Central Mosque.

The book, believed to have gone on Saturday, was due to go to Mr Bigley's family to show the mainstream Muslim community's condemnation of his death.

Earlier this year a book of condolence for the victims of the Madrid bombings was stolen from the same mosque.
:evil:

Stolen. :twisted:

That's a word used ,because "Taken from the Mosque and destroyed by the fundamentalist fringe that use Central Mosque" don't sit well.

I understand Central Mosque are replacing the book ,and the Imam will have someone stagging on from now on.

In their defence ,the commitee at the Mosque are spitting nails.

Absolutely, PTP. It only takes one idiot in the congregation to tar the reputation of the whole mosque. Kudos to Central Mosque for even trying to show their support for peace.

IF

It's good to see the Central Mosque take a stand and demonstrate that the majority of muslims in this country do not support the fundamentalist lunatics. It'll be interesting to see what happens if the perpetrators are caught - Al-Mujahiroun, anyone?

Armourer

It's not . They never announced the book of rememberance to the press until it was stolen. Also , I have had a chance to speak with some in the Islamic hierarchy hereabouts , there is a genuine feeling of revulsion at what happened to bigley.

I also understand , that there are moves afoot to "Clean house" as far as some members of the central Mosque are concerned.

armourer said:
PTP, next you'll be telling me that Islam is all about peace & tolerance.
The visions of a mental patient who believed he was talking to Jibril(Archangel Gabriel) mixed up with nicked bits from Judaism,Zoroaster,Akhenaten.Sabaen Moon worship and bull footed Gods of the north wind accepted with great zeal and blood letting by the jolly folk of Arabia.Plus the worship of curiously phallic black stones
Salman Rushdie-all is forgiven!

No Armourer , that is a separate issue. I am talking from MY personal experience in contact with people close to the Mosque over the last few days.

I was talking to them on another matter , the book being stolen overlapped.

I stand corrected. It is far too long since I picked up my textbooks.

Whilst I cannot say I disagree with galgenberg as to the dubious origins of Islam, armourer is simply wrong to dismiss the actions of the Central Mosque as a publicity stunt. There is a line between skepticism and cynicism and he's crossed it.

IF

The book getting stolen has got far greater publicity than had it not. And this is the second book that got stolen, bit slack to let 2 get nicked lot of thieves up there then ?

It has also taking notice away from the failed muslim delegation to secure Ken's release.

Loads of publicity when cat stevens and the little muslim girl were asking for Kens release......

Lets see what good old cat has to say now ?

Latest Threads