Biggest Shock Civvy to Soldier

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by CleanBoots, Mar 21, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi guy's want input from everyone all corps regs, I should be starting infantry soon (para reg)

Just want to know what's the hardest thing to get used to? Physical, Turn Out, Mental, ect

2. People like you are the hardest thing to get used to.

• Like Like x 3
  3. I found being called a cock all the time a bit harsh ~ you'll get used to it

4. Making bed blocks was a bit of a shocker, running around the quadrangle with the bumper above your head was a pain, but not having mummy tuck me in every night I round the worst.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Everything. It's relentless.

For me, it was blanket punishment. And being bollocked constantly from (officially) 6am til (officially) 10pm. For fucking months.

I hated it. So will you if you've got any sense.

6. Getting out of bed before 1300 is a shocker.

And being told what to do.

7. I found the morning lie-ins quite hard to get used to.

• Like Like x 1
  8. And having to polish my own shoes.

9. And teh day (I think it's day two) that the corporals set you on fire. I didn't enjoy that much.

• Like Like x 6
  10. The food, and stupid bone questions.

11. The endless wanking

• Like Like x 2
  12. Bloodbath!

13. is the food at Catterick really that bad? are they harsh on the portions?

14. A constant is that of being told, via infinite variations, that you are utterly useless, unfit to shovel shit and an utter disgrace.

Then finally understanding that, for the moment at least, that is all too true.

15. hotel_california

hotel_california LE Book Reviewer

The constant peer pressure to drink ever larger quantities of weapons grade alcohol. The horror....