Biggest Brother.....Maj Richard Winters

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by jack-daniels, Apr 12, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm reading his biography at the moment and whilst I'm sure we've all seen 'Band of Brothers' and thought that this man was a true leader reading this book totally reinforces it and more, I know the author was probably bias towards Winters but it seems he didn't put a thing wrong in most things he did militarily and the respect all those round him afforded him is outstanding. In the action at Brecourt Manor where he received the Distinguished Service Cross he was actually recommended for the Medal of Honour but the 101st hierachy had decided that only one was going to the Division and gave it to a Lt. Col instead. A very worthy read.
  2. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

I understand that Winters' quick attack on the guns at Brecourt continues to be taught as Sandhurst's DS solution for a quick attack to this day. But I know nothing.
  3. IIRC the series said it was taught at West Point (where they know nothing too!).
  4. Speaking of Band of Brothers, rumor has it that Spielberg and Hank's production companies have set up shop in Australia for a possible Pacific version. Though wether it'll come to anything....
  5. "The Pacific War" Link (IMDB link)

will this see the reinvention of gunner graham and windsor davis' gritty and true to life characters?