Bigger bed, double rations

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by duckmysick, Apr 3, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I heard from someone that if you are over a certain height you get double rations on exercises and a larger bed (in your accommodation... for all those smart arses). Is this true? If yes what height?
  2. How tall are you?
  3. Gotta be a waah ? As a baldy head I don't think I was entitled to draw "wax, bees, baldy, nappa, shinning, for the use of" from the Q stores !

Had a padre in 50 who was maahousive tall, about 7ft 16inch ! He had to send away 2 brand new sleeping systems to get one made to fit !
  4. I am 6' 8". I am fairly sure this is true because of the person who told me, but would like someone else to confirm it.
  5. I heard this was the case with RM Commandos, the double rations particularly, because of the calories they burn - but I have not heard of it in the Army.

I stand by to be corrected though.

Edited to add - i'm 6'2" and a bit - and my feet used to hang off the edge of the old style beds - and i didn't get a bigger bed until I got married and bought one!

6. ive known a few lads to get double rations during training but that was due to there lack of size rather than being tall
  7. Have seen a bed with 6 legs! Pussers one from the Kew M, the bloke who had it was 6' 8" too. Karl and his spider bed (yes i know they have eight legs)
  8. The longer bed is true, if you're a certain height, and you complain about the normal size one. Unsure about the rations though.
  9. You will be able to get hold of a longer bed - 7' IIRC - perhaps not during basic but after that. You don't get anything else extra or special. I'm 6'7" and get away with most kit.
  10. A mate of mine 6' 10" had an extra long bed sent to Bosnia and a corrimec to himself, he also had a chit from the MO (which was fabloned), allowing him extra scran. If he didnt eat like a horse, he would waste away. Lucky bleeder.
  11. I am absolutely certain that at least once in my career whilst out the back of a Q stores somewhere I saw a pile of bed extensions. It was a frame similar to the normal bed fram with legs and two metal hooks to lock it onto the end of a normal bed, so the post about a 6 legged bed is almost certainly spot on!