Bigger bed, double rations

duckmysick

Swinger
I heard from someone that if you are over a certain height you get double rations on exercises and a larger bed (in your accommodation... for all those smart arses). Is this true? If yes what height?

fluffer

War Hero
duckmysick said:
I heard from someone that if you are over a certain height you get double rations on exercises and a larger bed (in your accommodation... for all those smart arses). Is this true? If yes what height?

How tall are you?

12minden

Old-Salt
duckmysick said:

Gotta be a waah ? As a baldy head I don't think I was entitled to draw "wax, bees, baldy, nappa, shinning, for the use of" from the Q stores !

Had a padre in 50 who was maahousive tall, about 7ft 16inch ! He had to send away 2 brand new sleeping systems to get one made to fit !

I heard this was the case with RM Commandos, the double rations particularly, because of the calories they burn - but I have not heard of it in the Army.

I stand by to be corrected though.

Edited to add - i'm 6'2" and a bit - and my feet used to hang off the edge of the old style beds - and i didn't get a bigger bed until I got married and bought one!

MB

yorkie79

Old-Salt
ive known a few lads to get double rations during training but that was due to there lack of size rather than being tall

catchyerselfon

War Hero
Have seen a bed with 6 legs! Pussers one from the Kew M, the bloke who had it was 6' 8" too. Karl and his spider bed (yes i know they have eight legs)

P

PrinceAlbert

The longer bed is true, if you're a certain height, and you complain about the normal size one. Unsure about the rations though.

You will be able to get hold of a longer bed - 7' IIRC - perhaps not during basic but after that. You don't get anything else extra or special. I'm 6'7" and get away with most kit.

duckmysick said:

A mate of mine 6' 10" had an extra long bed sent to Bosnia and a corrimec to himself, he also had a chit from the MO (which was fabloned), allowing him extra scran. If he didnt eat like a horse, he would waste away. Lucky bleeder.

indigo

Old-Salt
I am absolutely certain that at least once in my career whilst out the back of a Q stores somewhere I saw a pile of bed extensions. It was a frame similar to the normal bed fram with legs and two metal hooks to lock it onto the end of a normal bed, so the post about a 6 legged bed is almost certainly spot on!

Latest Threads