Big Sam Departs Newcastle

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by Chunky_Monkey, Jan 9, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So Sam Allardyce has left Newcastle in a mutual agreement with the board.

Who next?

I remember the last decent Newcastle manager being Bobby Robson and when they let him go they brought in Greame Souness, what a joke.

I can't see Alan Shearer taking it so I've got a terrible sinking feeling that Steve McLaren may be heading up north.

2. 11 managers in 11 years tells its own story. A club that hasn't one anything in so long seems to think that you can bring in a manager and get instant success.

To be honest, when they employed him it shouldnt have been a surprise as to the type of football they would play.

What needs to happen is for the club to get a good manager who will play the type of football they demand (Ranieri?) and give him at least 2 seasons to sort the team out. It will need that long

3. Mike Ashley needs to put his money where his mouth is.

4. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Did Garth Crooks get it right on Football focus the other week?
    Shearer with Keagan as back up / mentor
    It's the one I would go with

However not even Keagan could bring success and they played fantastic football
    I don't know why so many fail there

5. The job is a bit of a poison chalice. Shearer might be ok but being a local hero may prove to be too much (Hoddle at Spurs ring any bells)

Joll may be a good choice

6. Shearer with Venables is the local rumour lads.
    What if big Al gets it wrong though?

7. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Would Shearer take as he is a hero there
    Better to have them chant your name for good stuff than chanting it to get rid if it all goes wrong

8. Thats the thing-would he take the risk?

9. fans want shearer the bookies are also mentioning martin jol and klinsman

10. Who ever gets it is in for a hard time Marry Poppins is not qualified - no coaching badges, so he will need someone to supervise so to speak.

Half way into the transfer window will also not help the new man - who ever that may be. Cannot believe they would even consider the Keegan/Poppins combo.

Really could not have come a worse time for the mags unless you are RED AND WHITE.

But honestly a stupid move on the board/owner etc.

11. Shearer has the same quals as Southgate. Keegan had no management experience and even managerless we arennt in the same predicament as the mackems.

12. Oh well it must be the right decision then 8O

If Shearer has any sense, he will continue in his punditry job and not risk his cult status at the toon.

Wonderful (dirty b*astard) player for both club(s) and country, but inspiring? He has all the personality of a very dead wet fish.

A BIG SAM FOR ENGLAND HA HA HA HA HA

13. I for one would not want to see Shearer in the job, like its been said nobody is going to get instant success (if any at all) and Shearer would be shown the door like all the rest.

Rather keep his legacy alive and not have him leave under a cloud in 6 months.

14. just think though if they get shearer in as the fans want and it goes t@*ts up where the fans gonna turn to next

15. they moaned at shepherd he left they give the managers sh*@t they go wont be much left soon