Big Plans for UK defence.

sunny james

War Hero
A comprehensive overview of defence plans to be released according to today's Tory graph. It's behind a pay wall but I have a cunning plan. Use https://archive.fo/9W5pb
You can also paste urls into the search box at https://archive.ph/ for other paywalled articles. If there is no result then use the "archive my page" option and watch while the page elements are loaded which may take a minute. Works on the Speckie and F. T. and many other sites.

Last edited:

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
Ii wonder how many Uniform and CS post reductions will be included in order to fund it.

Army to be cut to 73,000, so about 9,000 gone.
The navy is getting the majority of the money, with thitreen new warships and the replacing of Vanguard with Dreadnought.
As an island nation it makes sense that our naval capability is strengthened.

The navy is getting the majority of the money, with thitreen new warships and the replacing of Vanguard with Dreadnought.
In case France gets upity again?

Before any cuts are made will Army personnel be offered a transfer of service to help man the Navy ?

Before any cuts are made will Army personnel be offered a transfer of service to help man the Navy ?
Good point, makes sense.
Which means that politicians won't think of it.

In case France gets upity again?
I don't think we ever need an excuse to give the French a slapping.
Everybody knows that the reason for Frances existence is to give the British and German armies somewhere to practice.

I don't think we ever need an excuse to give the French a slapping.
Everybody knows that the reason for Frances existence is to give the British and German armies somewhere to practice.

While it can be tenuously argued that William the Conqueror was Norman, so not French, could you just remind us all which country won the 100 Years' War?

Is that 13 (more) new ships or 13 new ships as in the already announced T31 and T26 aka replacvements for knackered hulls

(If anyone thinks its the former ive a bridge you can buy)

Is that 13 (more) new ships or 13 new ships as in the already announced T31 and T26 aka replacvements for knackered hulls

(If anyone thinks its the former ive a bridge you can buy)

From the Torygraph article: 'The Prime Minister has announced that the UK will acquire eight Type-26 frigates, which are sophisticated anti-submarine warships, as well as five Type-31 frigates, cheaper general purpose warships.'

From the Torygraph article: 'The Prime Minister has announced that the UK will acquire eight Type-26 frigates, which are sophisticated anti-submarine warships, as well as five Type-31 frigates, cheaper general purpose warships.'
Perhaps i should have inserted a sarcasm emoji