Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big Pay Rise This April??

OldTimer

War Hero
Stop being so bloody greedy , the MP's need all the money for the expenses , which I seem to remember seeing in the news , but can't find a link , they have voted to be not available under the freedom of information act !!!!

catchyerselfon

War Hero
Didnt the AFPRB blerks get a involved an a few contacts when they went and saw the boys in Aghan. Be good to see the sphincter reaction of "oh it is a bit shit all this getting shot at malarky better see the troops right' type o' scenario.
If they hike up the accm charges too much people will just live in civvy accm after all if you are paying the same as joe civ you wouldnt wanna march out, pay for stained carpets (the 5th person to do so) and have to brillo the stove to the daddy max!

catchyerselfon said:
Didnt the AFPRB blerks get a involved an a few contacts when they went and saw the boys in Aghan. Be good to see the sphincter reaction of "oh it is a bit s*** all this getting shot at malarky better see the troops right' type o' scenario.
If they hike up the accm charges too much people will just live in civvy accm after all if you are paying the same as joe civ you wouldnt wanna march out, pay for stained carpets (the 5th person to do so) and have to brillo the stove to the daddy max!

do not give them any (further) ideas!

dumarse1

Swinger
Rumour has it that PM's questions will reveal a 3.3% payrise across the board.

WHOO WHOO!!

Hold it though there is a catch - It will be a two stage payrise - 1.8% in Apr and 1.5% in December because the MOD cannot afford any more.

One last thought though, there will an announcement on additional bonuses, but as per normal these will probably go to the blood pilots, doctors and nurses and no other bugger

I had heard that wnenever we get apay rise other charges balance it out anyway, so i guess that my accomdation and food (no PAYD here!) will go up in line with my Pay?

RAF_Nurse!

Old-Salt
dumarse1 said:
Rumour has it that PM's questions will reveal a 3.3% payrise across the board.

WHOO WHOO!!

Hold it though there is a catch - It will be a two stage payrise - 1.8% in Apr and 1.5% in December because the MOD cannot afford any more.

One last thought though, there will an announcement on additional bonuses, but as per normal these will probably go to the blood pilots, doctors and nurses and no other bugger

I'd read that aswell....lets hope the 'other incentives' are for nurses!

Nurses! money money money! Not long ago the govt said it was going to put another so many million pound into the NHS, ITN were doing a item on it, they interviewed various people who talked about hoping the money would be used on much needed equipment, beds etc.. and then a nurse was interviewed and her response was that hopefully she would get a payrise!

RAF_Nurse!

Old-Salt
Filbert Fox said:
Nurses! money money money! Not long ago the govt said it was going to put another so many million pound into the NHS, ITN were doing a item on it, they interviewed various people who talked about hoping the money would be used on much needed equipment, beds etc.. and then a nurse was interviewed and her response was that hopefully she would get a payrise!

ROFL!
Yeah-yeah...I know! Pay is an emotive subject. What more can i say!?

RAF_Nurse!

Old-Salt
Bagster said:
Hasn't anyone heard ANYTHING? I know I haven't. Does anyone know when the signal will be out at least?

Yeah. 1.8% in April and a further 1.5% in December. Plus, further 'incentives' for nurses, etc.... Seen online in 'Parliamentary' dialogue.

Not good news. Thank Liabour.

catchyerselfon

War Hero
RAF_Nurse! said:
Bagster said:
Hasn't anyone heard ANYTHING? I know I haven't. Does anyone know when the signal will be out at least?

Yeah. 1.8% in April and a further 1.5% in December. Plus, further 'incentives' for nurses, etc.... Seen online in 'Parliamentary' dialogue.

Not good news. Thank Liabour.
Have you got a link Nursey?

Bagster

Old-Salt
That would be why they haven't issued a signal or made a big announcement about it!!! Because it's so crap!!!!!!!!!!!

We will, as usual, get nowt, as already said they will give with one hand and take away with the other, as for bringing charges for SLA/SFA and food in line with civvie rates, to do this they need to bring there service in line too, doss hole houses and blocks with cookhouses that, if they were civvie resteraunts, would go bust serving up that shite.

PAYD is still not in because they know they can keep ripping of your average single bloke/bird by making him pay for scoff that they dont eat.

I pay aprox £190 a month for a room with no heating and about half a dozen meals a month in the cookhouse, Bargain. i think not.

I still haven't heard anything. Mind you, it's a shite payrise EVERY year so why break a tradition?

Wija

LE
Have I told you I am getting 9.5%?

This was always a touchy subject when I was in.

The military is miles behind, and it is time that a government gave a bumper pay rise and stopped bleating about the x-factor in pay. It doesn't even bring near civvie levels.

By the way, did I tell you I am getting 9.5% rise!

Wija

LE
spuncan said:
The-Goose said:
How can we get the media to take this up?

Do you really think they will care?

Well there are enough of the bloody idiots crawling all over this website. Maybe if one of them had an ounce of conscience they would pick it up and run with it..

Well Journo's have any of you got any balls (or for the female's any love balls) ??