Big MPGS whoopsie!

chimera

LE
Does MPGS have a redundancy package?

The nasel ‘Nigel’ went there to be deliberately antagonistic - by taking film in an area with a ‘no pictures’ sign.
Clearly claiming benefits with **** all else to do in life.
I only wish the video was more interesting with ‘Nigel’ meeting a sad demise by way of an out of control council bin lorry on the council owned land he kept whining on about…

These people really are twats. I’d like to see him try his hand in the US, China, Turkey, Russia etc with the same antics.

Sometimes we (the U.K.) are a bit too soft on these knobheads.
Agreed. Apparently he's well known for it.

Gate guard pulls pistol on annoying filming civvy. Beyond belief! :omfg:

The civvy was f*cking annoying, but the MPGS guy handled this incredibly badly.
The nasel ‘Nigel’ went there to be deliberately antagonistic - by taking film in an area with a ‘no pictures’ sign.
Clearly claiming benefits with **** all else to do in life.
I only wish the video was more interesting with ‘Nigel’ meeting a sad demise by way of an out of control council bin lorry on the council owned land he kept whining on about…

These people really are twats. I’d like to see him try his hand in the US, China, Turkey, Russia etc with the same antics.

Sometimes we (the U.K.) are a bit too soft on these knobheads.
He's a knobhead, but so was the MPGS bloke. I do t know how much training they get to cover nuisances like this, but I think he needs a refresher.

Is he going to loose off a few rounds the next time the Google Street View car drives past?

BaldBaBoon

War Hero
I would suggest that no matter what you think of this video, you use YouTubes report procedure for being a security risk.

Several vehicles are seen having access to this installation in the video and it can be assumed they are serving military personnel....their vehicle registrations can be clearly seen and its a matter of child's play to track the owners details down.

I would suggest that no matter what you think of this video, you use YouTubes report procedure for being a security risk.

Several vehicles are seen having access to this installation in the video and it can be assumed they are serving military personnel....their vehicle registrations can be clearly seen and its a matter of child's play to track the owners details down.

Devils advocate mode:-
I can stand on the public pavement with a pad and pencil,, outside any military camp, air station, barracks, shore instillation, and note car numbers, whats the problem.?

The civvy was f*cking annoying, but the MPGS guy handled this incredibly badly.

He's a knobhead, but so was the MPGS bloke. I do t know how much training they get to cover nuisances like this, but I think he needs a refresher.

Is he going to loose off a few rounds the next time the Google Street View car drives past?
He didn't say much apart from ok

Official Secrets Act 1911:

Penalties for spying.
(1)If any person for any purpose prejudicial to the safety or interests of the State—

(a)approaches, [F1inspects, passes over] or is in the neighbourhood of, or enters any prohibited place within the meaning of this Act; or

(b)makes any sketch, plan, model, or note which is calculated to be or might be or is intended to be directly or indirectly useful to an enemy; or

(c)obtains, [F1collects, records, or publishes,] or communicates to any other person [F1any secret official code word, or pass word, or] any sketch, plan, model, article, or note, or other document or information which is calculated to be or might be or is intended to be directly or indirectly useful to an enemy;

he shall be guilty of felony . . . F2

(2)On a prosecution under this section, it shall not be necessary to show that the accused person was guilty of any particular act tending to show a purpose prejudicial to the safety or interests of the State, and, notwithstanding that no such act is proved against him, he may be convicted if, from the circumstances of the case, or his conduct, or his known character as proved, it appears that his purpose was a purpose prejudicial to the safety or interests of the State; and if any sketch, plan, model, article, note, document, or information relating to or used in any prohibited place within the meaning of this Act, or anything in such a place [F1or any secret official code word or pass word], is made, obtained, [F1collected, recorded, published], or communicated by any person other than a person acting under lawful authority, it shall be deemed to have been made, obtained, [F1collected, recorded, published] or communicated for a purpose prejudicial to the safety or interests of the State unless the contrary is proved.

The loon fits the bill for (1) (any person), fits (b) (might be indirectly useful to an enemy), fits (c) “information (his video) that might be indirectly useful to an enemy”.

Section 2 puts the onus on the loon to prove that his video was not for the purpose of being prejudicial to the interests of the State. As the Guard Commander rightly points out, he’s clocking VRNs of people on the station, directly impinging on their PERSEC.

I can’t see why there’s any tolerance of these morons. Personally as Gd Comd, if he didn’t fvck off after a minute of explaining it to him, I’d have locked the gates, moved the guard wagon to block his view and escalated it to a security incident. Let the loon explain his way out of it to the Police. How does the Gd Comd know that the loon wasn’t doing close recce for a terrorist attack? Sending a dîckhead with a phone to do this kind of thing apparently gets you plenty of footage of the main gate, guard procedures, timings etc.

The guy with the pistol obviously unnecessarily escalated the situation, but if he’d been armed with a rifle, he’d have been holding it in a similar non-threatening manner from the off.

I can stand on the public pavement with a pad and pencil,, outside any military camp, air station, barracks, shore instillation, and note car numbers, whats the problem.?

If you get clocked by the guard doing that, they should report you. See my earlier post. It’s for you to prove you were taking these notes for innocent purposes.

Proff3RTR

War Hero
I fail to see anywhere on card A where it states you can pull a weapon on someone who is taking pictures on Public land, I think you will find that JSP 398A covers ALL service personnel not just MPGS, so matey boy was a bit OTT to say the least pulling a wep on someone in that situation no matter what your cap badge is a no no, no matter how annoying the git is.

Even back in Germany the gate guard would not dream of cocking their rifles yet alone pointing them at someone in that situation, Where do you go from there? shoot the fcuker.....crack on and well done son shine, you have just murdered someone.

And I know from those in the know MPGS are trained on those ROEs and do so on a very regular bases, also they aer trained on how to deal with that situation as well.

he must of been having a bad day:D

If you get clocked by the guard doing that, they should report you. See my earlier post. It’s for you to prove you were taking these notes for innocent purposes.
Fully agree. i was making the point that outside of the barracks etc the military have a very limited scope of action. calling plod is about all they can do.

BaldBaBoon

War Hero
The difference is in the timing. Yes you can legally do what you suggested.

Like a lot of things in life, just because you could, does not mean you should.....concept lost on a lot of people.

However, when you are sat exactly where he was and filming there is a good chance you could could possibly get footage of issued vehicle passes on the dashboard or in a display cover in the windscreen, which I believe are different variants for different persons....PERSEC hopefully kicks in as personnel leave the barracks, but they might have them on show until passing the gate. We had a policy of that years ago to enable the pass to be paired up with a squaddie, after a few of the lads cars got nicked and driven out the gate by some civvy workers.

Someone with a little knowledge might then be able to know which passes were for visitors/civilians/base staff?

Proff3RTR

War Hero
Fully agree. i was making the point that outside of the barracks etc the military have a very limited scope of action. calling plod is about all they can do.
and there it is, almost text book answer, get plod in.

Proff3RTR

War Hero
Question:- Do the MP's have the same arrest criteria as the Met police, and in extreme occurrences, could they arrest the film crew and mouth piece?
From what I know no, I suspect RMP although they have warrant cards are the same as normal squaddies (be they MPGS or Field Army), i.e we have the right to citizens arrest and that's it, but I may be wrong.

Latest Threads