Big McBrother

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by regular_imbiber, Aug 3, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Police arrest 'creator' of website used to post Neil Lennon hate messages - The Scotsman

Dont know if youve been following this embarassing saga but its big news in Scotland. Firstly we had hastily set-up anti-sectarian "task forces" then we had Emperor Salmond trying to rush through draconian laws and just about every day some tinpot amateur politician or pother pops up and bleats that we "cant have a season like last year for the good of our national game and the good name of Scotland", and now this.

Where does it end? Who decides what is sectarian and offensive etc? After all one man's banter is another man's greatest insult, especially when it comes to football.

Even the police got in the act with Strathclyde's top cop telling us that domestic abuse went through the roof after an Old Firm game; when challenged on this and asked to reveal facts and figures under the Freedom of Information Act his statement was found to be untrue.

Anyway as regards "hate" websites, how will they control it? After all Scottish newspapers gleefully published the name of a certain serial shagging Welsh football player safe in the knowledge that the much-vaunted super injunction did not apply in Scotland. Are SNP decreed anti-hate laws in Scotland therefore worthless in the rest of the UK so people can post bile about the likes of McCoist and Lennon without fear of an early morning door knock?

At the end of the day its all a load of nonsense and reeks of the SNP being populist. Meanwhile European football and beyond suffers from racism,corruption and the like and its hardly a threat to society.

2. Would any non-jock even bother to post bile about the likes of McCoist and Lennon?

The rest of the world doesn't much care if you lot decide that killing each other in the name of your team/religion/area/colour of skirt is the way forward so the SNP can make as many laws as it wants.

3. Thats exactly my point.

When Cardiff/Millwall/West Ham/Chelsea etc have their regular televised pavement dancing bouts we dont see English politicians trying to make capital out of it. Granted the police and papers might show a few mug shots but thats about it.

And the football related shit in England is far worse than in Scotland.

I fuckin hate the SNP.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

There's just something about Lennon's attitude that seems to bring out the worst in folk, or maybe I'm biased but definitely there wasn't the depth of personal hatred towards say Martin O'Neill and most of the abuse against the likes of Strachan and Mowbury seemed to come from Celtic fans themselves.

5. I think you'll find they've passed a law against that.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Fang_Farrier

Aye but the problem in Scotland, and Galsgow in particular is that during any Old Firm derby day there is a significant rise in both domestic abuse and street violence.
    It doesnae happen when they play other teams just derby days.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Well when you are independent and free from us nasty Imperialist English then I will give even less of a **** than I do now.

8. Fang_Farrier; the "rise in domestic abuse" is a load of bollocks, mate.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Fang_Farrier

Tell my gran that

10. It does not affect anyone south of the M4.So no-one else cares.

11. People who derive pleasure from beating their wives rarely need the occasion of a football match to set them going. I'm sure that if a football match were unavailable, these lowlifes would soon contrive some other excuse.

12. Exactly right, Mr Freeman.

PS Mr Vvaaaaanmaaan, thanks for your comment. It certainly adds reasoned debate to this thread :)

13. Fang_Farrier

Don't think there was ever any pleasure, it was a while back but basically went to pub, if wrong team won, then he'd get drunk and frustrated and take it out. Didn't happen if his team lost any other week, only old firm matches.

Am sure that things have not chnaged that much in certains parts of Lanarkshire.

14. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

You were expecting him to break the habit of his time on here?