"Big Boys Rules"

Discussion in 'RAC' started by stameen_s, Jan 10, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello all.

Read a thread on another forum and I was wondering if anyone here can help me. The quote I am interested in is as follows:

Does anyone know (not having read the above book by Mark Urban) when this incident supposedly took place and which BA units were involved?

Regards

s_s

2. The unit involved would have been based at Lisanelly Camp in Omagh, which was the home base for an Armoured Recce Regiment until the infantry took it over. 1 RTR were the first ever unit on Fox in 1975 (Tidworth) so you are looking at 1976 onwards, possibly 2 RTR.

3. Good answer

Detailed - Concise - Accurate - Timely

Well done that man.

Steward, I say Steward.....

4. Oi! Sloppy! 8O

We don´t have Stewards on this Forum,we do however have a BUTLER,I´m sure he´ll introduce himself! :roll:

5. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

In 1976 9/12L (who?) took over from 15/19H as Omagh Recce Regt.

6. Just as a matter of interest, the author Mark Urban was a subaltern in 4RTR for 3 years, was commonly known as Sid Vicious.

7. Points to note:

1. Im not a steward.
    2. Spoken to the butler he seems to be a nice guy, which clearly you are not.
    3. Go and get me a brew.

Next

8. Then are you calling AGHART a Steward,or are you calling for a Steward to give him a beer?However,as Ferrets were still in use in early 1979 and Fox´s issued to Belcoo in May/June ´79 when 2RTR where in Omagh.......I was there when this happened,I think the introduction to the STREETS,ie tactically and not for training reasons a la´ 15/19th,was later than 1976.I was in Armagh/Tyrone in early ´76 and Fox wasn´t there then.1976 onwards is perhaps correct in wider terms but not very accurate,which is an RAC speciality. :twisted:

I might not be a nice person,but I won´t be apologising for your bone comments! :p

9. Mark Urban - irrelevant of background, was never one to allow the facts of a situation to stand in the way of a good story. 'Big Boys Rules?' bag of bollocks!

10. Or the man who gives 'first hand' accounts of conflict situations from at least one country away?

11. I think it was the Milkmen the 13/18th,IIRC one turned up in a 4 tonner to pick us up at Belfast and took us to Lisnally barracks in May ´79;There a QDG officer was there to ´greet ´us.............turned out to be my old Trl ldr whom I´d slagged off in front of the assembled press in Middletown in ´76,he wasn´t very glad to see me! :x

Ergo, the handover must have been around this time,13/18th to 2RTR?QDG were the last RAC Regt there and handed over to the Queens Regt,1983?

12. The milkmen were at Omagh 1978 to 1979, well certainly 1978 anyway

13. I did intend to apologies for your misunderstanding of my comments, but after reading your other posts i realised that you do actually take yourself far to seriuosly and i would be wating my time.

Sir, you are a muppet.

And yes I was indeed asking for a steward.

Perhaps if you attended a relevent course, your **** retention would be less of an issue and you could concetrate on finding yourself a sence of humour.

Goodnight and Fcuk Off.

Oh yeah,

The next time i want your opinion I will give it to you.

Cnut

14. Being a fat bloke I have always made it a rule never to annoy the chef :wink:
    the_butler
    Mess Steward course April 1985 :chef:

15. Duty_cook :-

I did intend to apologies for your misunderstanding of my comments, but after reading your other posts i realised that you do actually take yourself far to seriuosly and i would be wating my time.

Sir, you are a muppet.
    .............................................................................................
    Don´t call me Sir,I work for living............and get your spelling sorted out;Oh yes,you can get up off your knees now!

And I definitely won´t be reading your other posts,life is far too short. :(