big bang at oil depot - casualties..

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Steamywindow, Dec 11, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. On the news now.

Unlikely to be terrorism? Too far from a town...

Hopefully not too many hurt or lost their lives.
  2. We're north of Cambridge, and it shook our building...

One uncofirmed report said 6 killed.

The first Live footage is impressive. I bet its a COSH nightmare for the Fire brigade.

Edited to add:
    Police have Said No plane involved.
  3. Panic buying has already started at petrol stations 20 miles north of the scene, with queues out onto the street.

jack b@st@rds! :evil:
  4. It's one of the main aviation fuel suppliers for Heathrow, Luton and Stanstead so no doubt there will be yet another hike in fuel charges by the airlines.

What kind of 'accident' has caused these explosions?
  5. I'm originally from Hemel Hempstead - There's some people I should really catch up with to see if they're okay.
  6. How long before the tinfoil hat wearers claim its a neocon, oil conglomerate, conspiracy to bump up the price of fuel again?
  7. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Got a conspiricy (sp?!) theory have you? Accidents do happen you know, its not always the towel-heads or hippies. This event seems similar to the Conoco refinery (I think it was Flixborough) that went up in 1974, a bloody huge bang as well by all accounts. I don't actually remember it (I was 2 days old!!!) but my dad tells me he had a nightmare getting to the hospital to come visit me with roads closed everywhere.
  8. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

It certainly was a big bang: it woke my dog up in central London and my wife thought a subsequent rumble was our daughter falling out of bed!
  9. People in the town are lucky. The fuel depot is on the eastern edge of the town (a few hundred yards west of the M1, which is closed) - the wind is a light westerly drift, taking the smoke away from them. Extensive live coverage on BBC 24 Hours and satellite ITV. Also BBC 24 on the internet BBC News 24
  10. Cow

Cow LE

Imagine if the those underpaid overworked firemen were striking....
  11. i live 3.1 miles as crow flies from depot..... FCUKING BIG BANG!
    now the twats are panic buying
  12. No worries there, if they were on strike they would rush back for such a 'spectacular' and expect to be heaped with praise for doing so and treated like heros for doing their job.
  13. waiting for the boring gag about lazy firemen 252 ...drone on mate , and plant pilot i didnt expect that from you , shown your true colours
  14. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

The local Labour MP, who was once a fireman, has already been on tv spouting about how 'once again the firemen are putting their lives on the line'. He was followed by the Chief Fire Officer explaining that the fire brigade would not be risking lives for property....