Bienenstich Kuchen - Bee Sting Cake. Meinen Recipe

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
When I lived in Hamburg, there were two vegan bakeries/cafes (one in Pöseldorf, one in Eiderstedt) that made vegan Franzbrötchen. I don't know if they tasted any different to the "normal" ones, but they certainly were delicious.

MsG

I can't recall finding a cake that was edible in Houston to be honest, other than simple cupcakes and muffins.

I do like a xmas pud, found some last week in the British Emporium in Grapevine. $20.00 - $29.00 for typical 1lb, fiver type puds.:eek:

Here's my effort, second attempt as the first collapsed even after being in the oven for nearly 50 minutes all told. It was still just batter in the middle, even though I followed the instructions to the letter.:-? So after nearly giving up there and then, I had another go and used only 3 eggs (large) and gave it a total of 45 minutes (last 10 covered with foil to stop it burning on top) as after checking at 35, it was still not quite there.
Considering I'm a novice at baking cakes other than the packet type, I'm delighted with the result!:cheers: Soft and moist, the topping cracks like a toffee apple and the whipped vanilla fresh cream filling was enough to put me in a diabetic coma, I'm as proud as f*ck, and over a bloody cake! Went down well with a cup of chocolate mocha, it's unbelievably damn good so many thanks Effendi!!:worship:

bee sting cake 1.jpg
bee sting cake 2.jpg
bee sting cake 3.jpg

dlrg

LE
Mmmm. Oh! thats looks the business @big ned Congrats

Well I ended up doing most of this myself today , apart from the use of a knife to separate the two halves and put it back together ! All as per Effendi's recipe but with the magic touch of a professional Biff.
As you can see it sank a bit in places , was still a wee bit soggy where it had sunk , still most edible though.

Attachments

• Image 11.jpg
    Image 11.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 19
  • Image 21.jpg
    Image 21.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 18
  • Image 31.jpg
    Image 31.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 18
  • Image 41.jpg
    Image 41.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 21
Well I ended up doing most of this myself today , apart from the use of a knife to separate the two halves and put it back together ! All as per Effendi's recipe but with the magic touch of a professional Biff.
As you can see it sank a bit in places , was still a wee bit soggy where it had sunk , still most edible though.
Looks Brills to scoff with some good coffee
Nice work bro

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
Well, wheelchairwarrior, I'm impressed! You made a fair fist of that and no mistake. Well done you!

MsG

Well, wheelchairwarrior, I'm impressed! You made a fair fist of that and no mistake. Well done you!

MsG
Thank you , shame I wont keep though, nurse has had a portion, so has Mrs WW ,I've had two , will brew up a nice coffee tomorrow , Coffee and cake Mmmm

WW

Here's my effort, second attempt as the first collapsed even after being in the oven for nearly 50 minutes all told. It was still just batter in the middle, even though I followed the instructions to the letter.:-? So after nearly giving up there and then, I had another go and used only 3 eggs (large) and gave it a total of 45 minutes (last 10 covered with foil to stop it burning on top) as after checking at 35, it was still not quite there.
Considering I'm a novice at baking cakes other than the packet type, I'm delighted with the result!:cheers: Soft and moist, the topping cracks like a toffee apple and the whipped vanilla fresh cream filling was enough to put me in a diabetic coma, I'm as proud as f*ck, and over a bloody cake! Went down well with a cup of chocolate mocha, it's unbelievably damn good so many thanks Effendi!!:worship:

View attachment 306341 View attachment 306342 View attachment 306344

Sorry lads, missed those.

They both look 'kin munchable, many congrats.:):)

Anyone else had a go?

I have instructions to learn how to do jam roly poly for the weekend.