Bienenstich Kuchen - Bee Sting Cake. Meinen Recipe

Do one on Sacher-Torte.
Chocaholics dream...

Yeah, and my nipper would be sat in front of it with a spoon. He is partial to a bit of Sacher-Torte.

I do a damn fine Käsekuchen, perfected it about 15 years ago........the Mrs was constantly whining about missing decent kuchen in Germany so I set to it.

Last edited:
Surely the most pertinent question- aside from the burning fûcking issues of shagging cake filling and whether Hamburg is civilised (of course it bloody well isn't)- is why's the cûnting thing named Bee Sting Cake?

Surely the most pertinent question- aside from the burning fûcking issues of shagging cake filling and whether Hamburg is civilised (of course it bloody well isn't)- is why's the cûnting thing named Bee Sting Cake?
Because.

Cake teaser :)
Bloody hermans feck you about though.

The "Ami" as a case in point.

Ami as a nick name for Americans ( GIs mostly) also the name of a cake covered in melted icing sugar.

Seems logical enough. WW2 Americans, sugary cakes.

Nope.

The Ami bit comes from the fact that the dough is made with Ammoniumhydrogencarbonat .

Took me fecking ages to find that out.

I quite enjoy making a sachertorte.
Clears the old head.
Plus people like sharing it.
I bought one from the Sacher Hotel in Vienna.
Comes in a wooden box and an extortionate price tag.

Bloody good though.

Bloody good though.
Visited Vienna and loved the place. Apart from Japanese tourists barging around.
May have overdone the coffee and cake routine though. Brilliant!

Looks like a variation of the French Tropézienne.

Tarte Tropézienne
Few sweets have as glamorous a history as St Tropez’s signature cake, a sandwich cake consisting of a round, flat-topped sugar-coated brioche filled with an unctuous, orange-flower flavoured cream. The cake was created by Alexandre Micka, a Polish baker who settled on the seaside village in 1955. Film director Roger Vadim happened to be shooting And God Created Woman at the time, starring the sultry Brigitte Bardot, and Micka’s bakery quickly became the crew’s favourite pit stop. Having developed a soft spot for Micka’s treats, Bardot suggested the cake be christened Tarte Tropézienne. A legend was born.

Tarte Tropezienne Recipes | Food Network Canada

tarte-tropezienne.jpg

A reminder of what it looks like.

mifby9.jpg

Notes: I have never seen one where the middle has not dipped a little bit. So when cutting to top and bottom it make sure you cut it at the correct height.

Other than that here are a couple of German youtubes to watch.

Phwoar.
Thank you @Effendi
That is going to be replicated soon.
Week off week after next.
Will ask better half to post pictures, if it is worthy of display.
Lovely, can't wait!
:)

Pictures when you have done them.

Aldi or lidl, or if living in north east London, grodzinskies, sorted

Yeah, but the packaged shop bought one's (Aldi, Lidl) are full of veggie oil to stop the cake from going off and the the cream is butter substitute (more veggie oil), cornflour and lordy knows what Enumber additives.

Grodzinski looks good though, had a shufti at their website.

Last edited:

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
On the subject of cakes: does anyone happen to know where genuine "Dresdner Stollen" can be obtained? The stollen in Lidl and Aldi always have marzipan or persipan in the middle, and I like neither.

MsG

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
Not so. Lidl do a poppy seed stollen.
True. However, my wife bought one home recently and it was as dry as a dry thing. I spent the next day producing a big cloud of dust every time I farted.:-D:-D:-D

I still prefer the genuine Dresdener Stollen, though.

MsG

Bloody good though.
Back in the early 90s, the Swiss company that I worked for had an office in Vienna, for whom I did a fair amount of work for a few years. The Austrian MD was a grateful chap of the old school, and sent me an original boxed Sachertorte every Christmas until I left the company. Fantastic.

On the subject of cakes: does anyone happen to know where genuine "Dresdner Stollen" can be obtained? The stollen in Lidl and Aldi always have marzipan or persipan in the middle, and I like neither.

MsG
Try Dresden?

Latest Threads