Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Biden - which country will he bomb/invade first?

Yup, gonna be a busy chap. Shame he wasn't a bit younger, it's a heavy workload.

I think the clever people he has gathered up will do the heavy lifting and he will adopt a ................. oooh, can't think of the word...........a bit less hands on, only being wheeled out once the "I's" are dotted, and the "T's" are crossed.

He has gathered a well experienced, and qualified team around him. They mostly all have previous DC experience so they will already know the players, and have names, and numbers in their filofaxes. The Orange Don could not fill a lot of the posts in Govt. because people knew that they would have the stigma of working for him following them around for the rest of their careers. I don't think Biden will have any problems getting people to jump into posts, whilst there is a big mess to clean up I think they will give it their all.

I think the clever people he has gathered up will do the heavy lifting and he will adopt a ................. oooh, can't think of the word...........a bit less hands on, only being wheeled out once the "I's" are dotted, and the "T's" are crossed.

He has gathered a well experienced, and qualified team around him. They mostly all have previous DC experience so they will already know the players, and have names, and numbers in their filofaxes. The Orange Don could not fill a lot of the posts in Govt. because people knew that they would have the stigma of working for him following them around for the rest of their careers. I don't think Biden will have any problems getting people to jump into posts, whilst there is a big mess to clean up I think they will give it their all.
Do you think if he pops his clogs before the two year point before Harris takes over, they will have him stuffed and just wheel him out on big occaisons like they did with Leonid Breznhev and most of the 'central committee of the communist party of the Soviet Union' in the late seventies/early eighties?

Wow. Good luck with this take.

TamH70

MIA
Do you think if he pops his clogs before the two year point before Harris takes over, they will have him stuffed and just wheel him out on big occaisons like they did with Leonid Breznhev and most of the 'central committee of the communist party of the Soviet Union' in the late seventies/early eighties?
Don't you mean "when he pops his clogs"?

Not even the most crooked Las Vegas bookie will give you odds on Biden surviving his full four-year term of his Presidency, and not many more will give you odds on him surviving a year.

This IS all about getting the Democrats the dual win of getting both the first female President and African-American woman sitting in the Oval Office. Biden is just the stepping stone.

NSP

LE
Don't you mean "when he pops his clogs"?

Not even the most crooked Las Vegas bookie will give you odds on Biden surviving his full four-year term of his Presidency, and not many more will give you odds on him surviving a year.

This IS all about getting the Democrats the dual win of getting both the first female President and African-American woman sitting in the Oval Office. Biden is just the stepping stone.
Isn't she teeming with sub-continental blood cells and considered Asian-American or somesuch Symantec drivel?

TamH70

MIA
Isn't she teeming with sub-continental blood cells and considered Asian-American or somesuch Symantec drivel?

She's at least half-Black, which makes her African-American enough for the DNC. Add that to the fact that she's a died-in-the-wool Californian Democrat - and one of those most responsible for the shocking state that that, well, the state is in - of which the DNC heartily approves - makes me wonder why they didn't just cut the bullshit and nominate her for Pres right off, instead of kidding on to the increasingly senile sex-offender, or at least serial groper Biden that he's going to see out his first (and only) Presidential term?

She's at least half-Black, which makes her African-American enough for the DNC. Add that to the fact that she's a died-in-the-wool Californian Democrat - and one of those most responsible for the shocking state that that, well, the state is in - of which the DNC heartily approves - makes me wonder why they didn't just cut the bullshit and nominate her for Pres right off, instead of kidding on to the increasingly senile sex-offender, or at least serial groper Biden that he's going to see out his first (and only) Presidential term?

The parties seem to choose the candidate/team that is most unifying for their own wings, rather than appeal to the other side.

Yup, he will spend the first few months simultaneously:

- beating back Covid,
- Making sure that the US weathers the covid resultant double dip recession,
- making friends with NATO,
- chatting with the Iranians about nuclear weapons,
- going back to Paris and having a chat about the climate accord,
- seeing if he can salvage the pacific trade deal,
- his secretary of state is going to be running around with a big box full of gizzits for other world leaders to make friends with them again.
- appeasing the BLM crowd,
- looking as if he is actually doing some police reform.
- Being nice to China.

So he ain't gonna have much time to think about bombing anyone
And de-funding the police and disarming the Americans .
Good luck with that .

It’s a weird one really. In the Primaries she went nowhere. I think the thing is the DNC really didn’t like her. Old Joe backed himself into a corner saying his VP candidate would be female and BAME. Kind of limits the options. It was her or Tulsi Gabbard really and I think they though Harris would appeal more to the woke, mostly peaceful rioters and looters. It is interesting how they just ignore the way she tore him apart in the debates and expect the voters to forget what she said too.

There isn't enough popcorn , let alone beer and deck chairs , for everyone to sit and watch the forthcoming Democrat car crash .

You raise an interesting point, the president of the US is like the CEO of a huge multinational corporation, he has hundreds, thousands of very well-experienced people at senior and middle management level to do most of the work, and given fairly broad instructions can for the most part be safely left to get on with it.

The president in the US has little role in the internal affairs of states and cities. Unless there is some extremely urgent business, in the shape of a Russian cruise missile appearing on the horizon, there is actually very little of huge importance that he needs to do all day. He has his briefing with his chief of staff, makes a few decisions on the important issues of the day. If he hasn't a clue what to do (and let's face it politicians are no more likely to be clued in on every single aspect of international and national affairs than anyone else is) he can call on any of the greatest experts on the issue within minutes and get some pretty good advice from them, make a decision and tell his people to crack on with it.

Trump was in many ways a micro-manager, sticking his nose into things that were often below his level and which he should have either left his man on the spot to get on with or replace him and tell the new guy to get on with. That is why Trump was so often criticised for things that really weren't his fault, if he'd just shut up he'd have deflected so much of the fall out.

Like a CEO the president is for the most part the ornamental aspect of the government, the guy that shows up for summits when 95% of the work has been done, hammers out the last remaining points with his counterparts and then stands for the set piece photos. That aspect of the job Biden will handle well enough, that and appointing the right people, which again will be pretty much handled by his subordinates.

And you know, well enough is pretty much all you need from a president or CEO.

Yup, he will spend the first few months simultaneously:

- beating back Covid,
- Making sure that the US weathers the covid resultant double dip recession,
- making friends with NATO,
- chatting with the Iranians about nuclear weapons,
- going back to Paris and having a chat about the climate accord,
- seeing if he can salvage the pacific trade deal,
- his secretary of state is going to be running around with a big box full of gizzits for other world leaders to make friends with them again.
- appeasing the BLM crowd,
- looking as if he is actually doing some police reform.
- Being nice to China.

So he ain't gonna have much time to think about bombing anyone
What's it like living in Narnia ?

Latest Threads