Bid to lure bored Britons to South Australia

Discussion in 'Australia' started by TheBigUn, Aug 10, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk

Damn, I'm too old! :cry:

2. When in Oz, do as the Koalas do (get hi on eucalyptus all day)? I can see some work / life balance in that.

3. If you're bored, South Australia is one of the last places you should go.

4. I'd heard that about SA in general and A-town in particular; any specific reason?

5. Mostly it's Aussies taking the piss out of the other states, but South Australia is pretty much a big desert and Adelaide a big country town. Just not that interesting. There's some nice little towns along the coast with beautiful beaches but that's about it. Still, some people like that.

6. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

You mean small county town with lots of churches and very very dull.

SA is a bit like Wales, but less interesting.

7. I had a great time in Adelaide, me and the lads went on a church crawl.

8. If you get bored enough, you can always go for a swim in The Great Australian Bight, which teems with Great Whites. No lasers on their heads though, so it's all right.

9. There was a 'schutzenfest', which I gather is some sort of German piss up, the day I left Adelaide. THE DAY I LEFT!

10. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Been watching the election progress today (another hung parliament by the looks of it, huzzah!), and it does make me wonder about going there. I sort of have a connection with the place as my biological father, I found out last christmas, was an Australian. Have a name and a company he was a partner with in the North of England; even went so far as ringing the company and leaving a message as his nephew who had been told to track him down. He was present at my birth so would fully know who it was who had rung if he got the message. Given that he was a tad liberal with his little man, it's a bit of a difficult situation, certainly don't want him to be hated by my (as of my birth) 3 sisters and his wife. That said, wouldn't mind an Australian passport, more options is always a good thing.