Bid for tickets for the TA100 Buckingham Palace Garden Party

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by SaBRE_helpline, Feb 5, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As you may know, one of the major events in TA100 will be a Garden Party at Buckingham Palace on 10 July.

Most of the tickets will be distributed through the chain-of-command etc � but SaBRE has 1,000 tickets that you can bid for directly if you are a serving member of the TA.

If your employer has been supportive to you as a member of the TA, this is an opportunity to say thank you � and to encourage them to continue to support you and any other employees in the Reserve Forces.

That support could take any form. Perhaps you are allowed extra time off for Annual Camp? Or your employer is flexible when you need to attend weekend or evening training? Or your employer was particularly helpful if you have been mobilised?

You can bid for up to four tickets to the Garden Party. One ticket will be for you and the second must be for your employer. The other two tickets may be used for you and your employer�s partners, or a close family member (aged 18 or over).

Forms for bidding for tickets have been delivered to every Unit, or you can submit your bid online by clicking on the banner above or www.sabre.mod.uk/ta100.

All bids must be received by 25 March 2008.

2. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Making this a sticky for the next few weeks - come on, get those bids in!

3. I’ve got my bid in.

Any suggestions on how to go about bribing SaBRE?

4. For those self employed TA soldiers do we get to go twice - once as employee and once as employer? Or is this jamboree, and perhaps the whole of TA100, aimed at furthering the campaign to appease employers rather than celebrating 100 years of service?

5. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

If it's a normal G Party, there will be around 5,000 tickets. If SaBRE have 1,000 that leaves the other 4,000 to be allocated/dished out/bid for by the TA as a whole.

Any ideas as to who to contact about these? Or have they already been 'allocated' somehow?

6. msr

msr LE

On a Thursday :roll:

msr

7. I hope Her Maj is well briefed...

"Phillip, you will never believe this but this man is in the TA too!"

[align=center][​IMG][/align]

Personally I find the food at Royal Garden Parties insubstantial, lacking in content and visually attractive but physically unsatisfying. Reminds me of something...nope its gone...

[align=center][​IMG][/align]

8. I understand the other 4000 are being distributed through the CoC but on the same 'bring and employer' basis. Unless this is the SaBRE 1000 coming down through the CoC?

9. Just to clarify ...

In addition to the 1,000 tickets ring-fenced for this initiative, there are several thousand more available through other channels, with those for serving Reservists being allocated through the chain of command. There is no requirement to bring your employer if you are selected to receive one of these other tickets.

We hope that as many people as possible will consider applying for the SaBRE tickets if they feel that their employer has been supportive. This is a great opportunity to thank employers who have gone out of their way to help.

10. To be honest MSR, if there was one person who I'd take a day off for, it would be Her Majesty The Queen.

11. So thats's a few thousand to be dished out by the nudge, wink, my old mucker system! Sabre's way sounds much better.

12. msr

msr LE

He should get an invite from Sabre - he's part time, just like we are, but I hope he does not bring his boss....

13. As I am a civil servant, I would have to ask either Jacqui Smith or Gordon Broon to come as my employer as HM would already be going. I would rather stick red hot pins in my eyes....

14. That's nice Sabre is offering the soldiers of the TA to buy off their own employers.

Edited: I thought I'd edited this yesterday but obviously not very well. :cry:

15. I'm guessing that service dress will be the order of the day?
    So those in recently merged regiments who haven't had the opportunity to purchase all the bits and pieces will need to get their skates on?