Biblical Sandstorm in Iraq

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Agent_Smith, Apr 28, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sand storm in Al asad

Anyone see this live?

Sanstorm in Iraq

I have someone across there sending me pics and will post them soon

A_S

2. That is pretty damned impressive. I lived in the Gulf for nearly 24 years and never saw such a sized thing come in. There were a few big sand storms but that takes the buscuit! I hope you're able to post your mate's pics here A_S, I look foward to seeing them.

3. [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

Sorry they aint that big but the ones i got were bmp and were huge. I will try to increase them slightly but im conscious of bandwidth.

regards

A_S

4. I was unfortunate to experience some sand storms in Kuwait, but feck me, they were never as big as that! BTW does anyone else think "Sand Storm" is a misnomer as it was more like a choking dust. Some lads even put their respirators on.

5. Looks like a typical fall duster at Fort Bliss...

8)

6. Mate, any chance of you converting them to Jpeg and reposting to the gallery?

They are impressive.

7. A Biblical sandstorm is one thing but at least they've been spared a plague of Frogs. Or Germans. :D

8. I will try. I have about 15 of them (some are quite similar) but im at work just now and have a pile of work i should have done last week but thanks to cpl-ripper et al, i have been bellyaching it for the last week.

Will keep you updated.

A_S