Bianca Williams: Met apologises to sprinter over stop-and-search

ColdWarWorrier

Old-Salt
It would also give details of any markers / stolen reports / abandoned etc etc. The

Also be aware - PNC application has the appearance of a 1970's computer screen. Have to navigate around the screen using >< etc. No guided user interface...have to input commands such as #VK #VP to search various functions. As a database it has a lot but its operation is VERY primitive.

Think along the lines of average ZX Spectrum games options screen and thats what it looks like.
Excuse the thread drift, but it is PNC-related.

Many moons ago the 80s during my RCT days, I was guard commander at Regents Park Barracks. There was a suspicion that there were a couple of IRA active service units out and about in London.

We had a detachment of THEM operating out of Regents Park. Due to the heightened alert state we also usually had a copper from Albany Street nick on the gate helping us.

One of THEMs units were using a beat-up looking Ford Transit masquerading as a builder’s van. Apparently it was much souped-up underneath. We had been briefed on which vehicles THEM were using and just to wave them through the gate without stopping or searching their vehicles.

The Transit returned one day and parked just inside the gate. I asked the young WPC on the gate, for a bit of a laugh, to call up for a PNC check.

She got on her radio and passed the reg number. A rather panicked voice on the other end of the radio asked: “Have you stopped this vehicle?”

“No,” she replied. “It’s parked near the barracks.”

The radio op said: “It comes up as ‘refer to another force’ I can’t say which one over the radio, just walk away and call in on a land line please.”

I’m not sure what it would have shown on the PNC, but it did cause some level of panic. After that, each of the coppers in Albany Street nick were given a list of vehicles that were to be left alone.

Poor girl was commended for being conscientious but bollocked for not paying attention in briefings. Luckily she didn’t grass up the dumb squaddie who put her up to it.

Sorry for the thread drift.

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
gAy-Class with tints ?
The kiddies, yer, pretty much. The more serious ones tend to go for C class with runflats - which you they can still get on Motab with a contribution.
That said, I know a prep. tech that found £12k in £50's in the back of a Citroen C1. They rang the previous owner who was pretty laid back about it (!), came in to pick it up and dropped the tech. £1k for his honesty.

Excuse the thread drift, but it is PNC-related.

Many moons ago the 80s during my RCT days, I was guard commander at Regents Park Barracks. There was a suspicion that there were a couple of IRA active service units out and about in London.

We had a detachment of THEM operating out of Regents Park. Due to the heightened alert state we also usually had a copper from Albany Street nick on the gate helping us.

One of THEMs units were using a beat-up looking Ford Transit masquerading as a builder’s van. Apparently it was much souped-up underneath. We had been briefed on which vehicles THEM were using and just to wave them through the gate without stopping or searching their vehicles.

The Transit returned one day and parked just inside the gate. I asked the young WPC on the gate, for a bit of a laugh, to call up for a PNC check.

She got on her radio and passed the reg number. A rather panicked voice on the other end of the radio asked: “Have you stopped this vehicle?”

“No,” she replied. “It’s parked near the barracks.”

The radio op said: “It comes up as ‘refer to another force’ I can’t say which one over the radio, just walk away and call in on a land line please.”

I’m not sure what it would have shown on the PNC, but it did cause some level of panic. After that, each of the coppers in Albany Street nick were given a list of vehicles that were to be left alone.

Poor girl was commended for being conscientious but bollocked for not paying attention in briefings. Luckily she didn’t grass up the dumb squaddie who put her up to it.

Sorry for the thread drift.

Scenario I had week ago maybe....happens often...

Car is stolen or suspect for a domestic makes off in it...marker is put on PNC. Is also put on ANPR hotlist.

That car then 'pinged' by an ANPR fitted patrol car in another force area. They check PNC and see .xxxx whatever. They then call relevent force who initiated the marker to check its still valid and exact reasoning for it.

"We've got this showing as stolen / driver is Denzil Smith BOLO (Be On Look Out) on PNC - can you confirm still stolen / BOLO your end?"

"Roger..we've got him blocked in - we'll nick him"...

Edit..As for you dit about the THEM van...There is also a function on PNC that accomodates that. I wont elaborate further on here but to say - when the VRM was radioed through - it would be known there was something 'special' or restricted about said veh.

Last edited:

Awol

LE
Close perusal of the Times' photo suggests that the second half of the car registration is RUN, evidently a vanity registration. I can't make out the first half but if it is something like W3, the police may have viewed it as a challenge.

Of course, it's unlikely that the registration is W3 RUN as that vehicle is a SORNed silver Toyota.
Pinged....

B5A1B9D3-3FBB-4409-BF75-E15EB3C47433.png

........................Edit..As for you dit about the THEM van...There is also a function on PNC that accomodates that. I wont elaborate further on here but to say - when the VRM was radioed through - it would be known there was something 'special' or restricted about said veh.
[/QUOTE]

Don't know if the system has changed but there used to be a specific AVC for military vehicles carrying civvy plates which had a marker on the PNC/DVLA databases. That fleet comprised various makes/models not usually found in your standard MT yard. I recall two vehicles that no-one ever wanted to drive; one was a Reliant Robin and the other was a Lada 1300. The team that used the Lada, would leave it unlocked when they parked up in the hope it would get nicked and they would get a decent replacement motor - no tea-leaf ever lowered themselves to the challenge.

Last edited:
Having seen their video, what surprises me is their immediate reaction to film the police van while it was a substantial distance away.

Then refusing to get out of the car "because their child was in the car". What did they expect would happen? They'd be shot and the kid abandoned in the back of the car? This is Britain where such things just don't happen. (Except in fertile imaginations).

With blacked-out windows, would the police have been aware of their skin colour before the stop? And why black out the windows anyway? Do they think they're famous?
Did the police check the "blacked out :eek:" tint of the windows, I hate entitled people like that. I have made a few mistakes and I have been driving cars, motorbikes, minibuses, buses and trucks for 34 years and in one I was driving at 70mph in a 30 although it was at 0130hrs returning from the airport after dropping off my CO. I was lucky and they let me away after holding me for an hour but the one thing anytime I have been stopped is to be quiet and be humble and take your bollocking and dont talk back an intervene with an appology at any appropriate interval.

Last edited:
Did the police check the "blacked out :eek:" tint of the windows, I hate entitled people like that. I have made a few mistakes and I have been driving cars, motorbikes, minibuses, buses and trucks for 34 years and in one I was driving at 70mph in a 30 although it was at 0130hrs returning from the airport after dropping off my CO. I was lucky and they let me away after holding me for an hour but the one thing anytime I have been stopped is to be quiet and be humble and take your bollocking and dont talk back an intervene with an appology at any appropriate interval.
They may well think they're entitled, but there's an awful lot of people in his country who would refer to them as gobby f*ckers-nothing to do with their skin colour , more their attitude.

Which could neatly segue into bringing their income stream under the spotlight; not exactly a good advert for British athletics is it Linford ?

Curious. It may be my eyes but the car in the photos looks black to me. Metro describes it as a black mercedes. The Mercedes colour chart shows grey as unmistakably lighter than black.

DVLA must be wrong.
But the question was had she fucked up and drove on the wrong side of the road, if so hold your hands up and admit you done wrong show a bit of humility agree you made a mistake and the nice police officer tells you to be more carefull in future but no you make a song and use your skin colour to bitch and complain that the police mistreated you. Girls like you dont matter

They may well think they're entitled, but there's an awful lot of people in his country who would refer to them as gobby f*ckers-nothing to do with their skin colour , more their attitude.

Which could neatly segue into bringing their income stream under the spotlight; not exactly a good advert for British athletics is it Linford ?
I could not agree more, I watched a multicultural display of football tonight and it was really enjoyable. Do I worry about thier ethinticity, colour or religion. I think not and I doubt they care of mine but one thing I am sure of is that none of them guys disrespect the UK and one is almost scouse already although Egyptian.

I despair. The intellectual capacity of the leadership of the Police (Servide, Forces, whatever) seems to be incapable of providing both their members and associated workforces, and the public, with the necesary policing capability and morale to even function at all.

Peel had a vision. It was a good one. 'Rubber' Dick seems to have another, which involves Quotas of the cohorts most likely to commit crime being promoted to high stations within the organisation, on a wholly false basis - black people are 3.4% of rhe population, not, as some would like to believe, 75%.
Does logic, common sense or even straghtforward rationality enter into anyones' caculations in this issue?

But the question was had she fucked up and drove on the wrong side of the road, if so hold your hands up and admit you done wrong show a bit of humility agree you made a mistake and the nice police officer tells you to be more carefull in future but no you make a song and use your skin colour to bitch and complain that the police mistreated you. Girls like you dont matter
I think you'll find that he was driving and she was on the back seat filming.

Met apologises genuflects to sprinter over stop-and-search

So, she claims she was “Racially profiled” because she was black, nothing to do with being on the wrong side of the road, driving a blacked-out Merc in a well known trouble spot.

So just like the Old n Bold in NI will they keep going and going and going until they find a favourable Judge to say that they were guilty

My piss is starting to boil over with this one ffs
My bold
1 FTFY
2 Pulling a U turn when vehicle check ahead seen, then....

and refusing to stop, don't forget that little bit.
Multiple times, including stopping then driving off after plod leave vehicle

Having seen their video, what surprises me is their immediate reaction to film the police van while it was a substantial distance away.

With blacked-out windows, would the police have been aware of their skin colour before the stop? And why black out the windows anyway?
Yes, their hysterical 'Violet Elizabeth" act was a childish tantrum

Some reports are all side windows blacked (illegal), some only rear. Irrelevant, cops could not see who was in all seats and if armed.

Drive a black, blacked out drug dealer expensive SUV - expect to be pulled

Short, poor quality, read yellow words

Ex Cop speaks

Correct message, but some law errors

Child? One protects it by distancing onerself and 'attackers' from it

Race baiting Set up? imo Yes. Now a compo seeking exploit

I wish MET would release their dash-cam, cctv etc footage

I think you'll find that he was driving and she was on the back seat filming.
A "blacked out car" snigger snigger pulled over by the police because the car was on the wrong side of the road and there is a bitchfest regardless of who is driving blaming police doing there jobs and she is in the right. I was not aware of who was driving as I only heard the story on the radio about 50 times yesterday but all I can say is the Met commisioner is a cowarldly Cnut as I have heard other news offline that makes the said athlete come across fill the blanks.

Ad
I despair. The intellectual capacity of the leadership of the Police (Servide, Forces, whatever) seems to be incapable of providing both their members and associated workforces, and the public, with the necesary policing capability and morale to even function at all.

Peel had a vision. It was a good one. 'Rubber' Dick seems to have another, which involves Quotas of the cohorts most likely to commit crime being promoted to high stations within the organisation, on a wholly false basis - black people are 3.4% of rhe population, not, as some would like to believe, 75%.
Does logic, common sense or even straghtforward rationality enter into anyones' caculations in this issue?
Add a mayor that has very open questions about his equality in employment who tells dick what to do and there you see the underbelly of Londistan going down the shitter.

Ad

Add a mayor that has very open questions about his equality in employment who tells dick what to do and there you see the underbelly of Londistan going down the shitter.
He does have that grubby tieless dressed by oxfam ww2 look about him, in some bypased Empire flyhole.

Le_addeur_noir

On ROPS
On ROPs

Then refusing to get out of the car "because their child was in the car". What did they expect would happen? They'd be shot and the kid abandoned in the back of the car? This is Britain where such things just don't happen. (Except in fertile imaginations).

With blacked-out windows, would the police have been aware of their skin colour before the stop? And why black out the windows anyway? Do they think they're famous?
Just above the law.

Latest Threads