Bianca Williams: Met apologises to sprinter over stop-and-search

endure

GCM

endure

GCM
I read somewhere (The Times?) that Dos Santos has said that when driving his previous car (a Nissan Juke) he was never stopped but as soon as he bought a Merc the Met started stopping him regularly.

endure

GCM
1 minute 29 seconds of footage from Bianca Williams below. Can any serving or ex Police tell me if their vehicles are fitted with dash cameras or is it simply body cameras in the UK ?

OK these are the numbers :

1594216308476.png

Afro-Caribbean People are 3.3%(2011 census) of the population but 23.3% of the victims and 47.4% of the known perpetrators. Shouldn't they be racially profiling...

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
1 minute 29 seconds of footage from Bianca Williams below. Can any serving or ex Police tell me if their vehicles are fitted with dash cameras or is it simply body cameras in the UK ?

Unless a pnc check was done prior to the stop which flashed that the car contained and atom bomb or something similar I have no idea why the copper has his asp drawn straight away, talk about wanting to make a situation confrontational from the off.

Having seen their video, what surprises me is their immediate reaction to film the police van while it was a substantial distance away.

Then refusing to get out of the car "because their child was in the car". What did they expect would happen? They'd be shot and the kid abandoned in the back of the car? This is Britain where such things just don't happen. (Except in fertile imaginations).

With blacked-out windows, would the police have been aware of their skin colour before the stop? And why black out the windows anyway? Do they think they're famous?
Speaking as as a biker, anyone driving a car with blacked-out windows is a balloon knot. Cars are glazed for a reason.

That goes for black visors on helmets. When they were a thing, bikers were always getting tugged for them. Get a helmet with an integral sun shade if your eyes are that sensitive.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
OK these are the numbers :

1594216308476.png

Afro-Caribbean People are 3.3%(2011 census) of the population but 23.3% of the victims and 47.4% of the known perpetrators. Shouldn't they be racially profiling...
I think you need to understand that they may be to blame but it's not their fault.*

*No, I don't get it either.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Unless a pnc check was done prior to the stop which flashed that the car contained and atom bomb or something similar I have no idea why the copper has his asp drawn straight away, talk about wanting to make a situation confrontational from the off.
I'll put this out there:

The car is of a type favoured by a certain type. That might not be PC, but it's true. Nor may it be enough of a reason to pull someone over in and of itself.

However, taken together with how the car was being driven, you then start to move into different territory. You've got not one potential combat indicator, but two.

At the point that we end up with two dead coppers, because they were over-relaxed/friendly in a similar situation, are you going to be accusing them of having been too confrontational or unprofessional and deserving of their fates? Or will you be organising the rioting and looting which underlines just how much Cops Lives Matter?

Chef

LE
I'll put this out there:

The car is of a type favoured by a certain type. That might not be PC, but it's true. Nor may it be enough of a reason to pull someone over in and of itself.
Edited for brevity.

A valid point. For certain types of car a friend in the trade said that if he had a running BMW he'd be more inclined to jazz it up with big speakers and sound system, Blaupunkt or similar and sell it round Brixton than worry about improving the mechanics as the profit was greater.

All the more reason to release their body camera footage

endure

GCM
Here's a picture of William's car at the time in question. It looks to me like a standard 220 GLA without any bells and whistles. You can also see into the car through the side windows so the 'tinted windows' defence sounds a bit unlikely...

skynews-bianca-williams-police-stop-and-search_5032136.jpg

Latest Threads