Bianca Williams: Met apologises to sprinter over stop-and-search

Chef

LE
what about people who identify as being from BAME but are not visibly from that community?
They obviously have delusions and will be sectioned accordingly.

It will of course be their choice as to whether they are held in a non BAME area or moved to a BAME area where I'm sure they will help the community to the best of their abilities.

I hope this answers your question.

NSP

LE
why in the name of all that's sweet and holy has Cressida taken it on herself to apologise?!
A Dick by name, a dick by nature...

RBMK

Old-Salt
I understand that she is know within certain parts of the force as Cressida Dickless

Evidently because she has no balls of any description whether real or those required to do her job properly.

Political appointee and multiple box tick:

Cressida Dick is the third and youngest child of Marcus William Dick,[4] Senior Tutor at Balliol College, Oxford,[5] and Professor of Philosophy at the University of East Anglia,[6] and Cecilia (née Buxton), a University of Oxford historian. She was born and brought up in Oxford, England, and educated at the Dragon School, Oxford High School, Balliol College, Oxford where she gained a BA in Agriculture & Forest Sciences in 1979[7], and Fitzwilliam College, Cambridge where she gained an M.Phil in Criminology in 2001.[8] Before joining the police, she worked in a large accountancy firm

Funnily enough, I think this apology proves why she needs to be sacked. I was in two minds over the original complaint by said athlete and the media coverage - lacking the knowledge to judge whether the stop was justified, the most questionable part of the apparent police conduct, on the partial evidence offered, being, I felt, the resort to handcuffs. (And worried that I found myself aligned on that point with Starmer.) However, then worried by the tone of the police response - we have investigated ourselves, and have nothing for which to apologise, all done very quickly. (Quis custodiet ipsos custodes at its worst.)

However, having not only done all that, but having doubled down by rinsing and repeating the above, for the Met to then refer themselves to the IOPC, and Dick to offer an apology... Either have the courage to stand by your initial position and statements, no matter how sub-optimal they might have been, or else, if you genuinely think that you white-washed (SWIDT?) the incident in haste, recognise that you need to be more honest and explain why the in-house review was not up to snuff, and step back and leave it to the IOPC.

Flip-flopping around means you are either a fool or a knave, and either way unfit to lead.

Establishes a "valid" reason for the stop.
Or, and this is just off the top of my head mind, the vehicle was seen being driven in a reckless and dangerous manner before being stopped.

Questioning the occupants as to a possible reason this happened would seem to be a logical course of action.

Awol

LE
I understand that she is know within certain parts of the force as Cressida Dickless

Evidently because she has no balls of any description whether real or those required to do her job properly.

Political appointee and multiple box tick:

Cressida Dick is the third and youngest child of Marcus William Dick,[4] Senior Tutor at Balliol College, Oxford,[5] and Professor of Philosophy at the University of East Anglia,[6] and Cecilia (née Buxton), a University of Oxford historian. She was born and brought up in Oxford, England, and educated at the Dragon School, Oxford High School, Balliol College, Oxford where she gained a BA in Agriculture & Forest Sciences in 1979[7], and Fitzwilliam College, Cambridge where she gained an M.Phil in Criminology in 2001.[8] Before joining the police, she worked in a large accountancy firm
I strongly suspect that her much self-publicised sexuality contributed more to her career than any number of forestry degrees.

I doubt we'll ever see it. Cressida's more than happy to pander to the woke cause du jour and throw her officers under the bus.
Has she been taking lessons from senior army officers?

Latest Threads