Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Bianca Williams: Met apologises to sprinter over stop-and-search

She shouldn't really have got bollocked. It should have flashed up as an alphabetically numbered category and either refer to file or command station at Division. The process would then allow access to microfilm or in this case a polite order to ignore.

Edited to remove a letter and stuff.
But when she went full black Karen should she not have had the maximum in points and job done. Let her fight it and leave her with a problem that needs court attention.

She shouldn't really have got bollocked. It should have flashed up as an alphabetically numbered category and either refer to file or command station at Division. The process would then allow access to microfilm or in this case a polite order to ignore.

Edited to remove a letter and stuff.

I think the bollocking was because local coppers had been briefed that THEM were operating out of Regents Park barracks and may even had been told what vehicles were being used; not for requesting the PNC check. I knew it was THEM when I asked her to do the check, just curious about what would come back.

This was around the time of the Hyde Park bombing and not long after the Iranian Embassy siege (I was one of the few who was NOT on the balcony!). THEM were becoming more known by the general public and I wondered what the PNC would show.

I think that's something we picked up from the Yank TV imports, as over there it's "Officer/Sergeant/Lieutenant/Etc. X." Over here, in my dad's day at least, it was "Constable/Sergeant/Inspector/Etc. X." I've no reason to suspect a change - officially they are still referred to as "PC/PS/Insp. X." I for one always address a bluebottle as "constable" or "sergeant" as applicable.

An actual constable may be along shortly to confirm. There appear to be several serving and ex- on this site...

I'd say 50/50 of the time people assume I'm a police officer when speaking on phone to them. Have never been referred to as 'constable' or sergeant; though. Always 'Officer'.
Not always..as it might not exactly be appropriate but - on most occasions I will correct them and inform them I'm not actually a police officer.
An example of an occasion where I would not disclose I was not an officer - if the caller presumed so would be say a 999 call and - I was obtaining information - often via aggressive or shouty questioning, and the other person was complying on assumption I was an officer..hard to explain but...it happens...there's a weird psychology behind it.

Bloke on a bridge phoning 999 and asking for police...expects to be speaking to someone who is police also. All the ones I have had have presumed so anyway.

I think the bollocking was because local coppers had been briefed that THEM were operating out of Regents Park barracks and may even had been told what vehicles were being used; not for requesting the PNC check. I knew it was THEM when I asked her to do the check, just curious about what would come back.

This was around the time of the Hyde Park bombing and not long after the Iranian Embassy siege (I was one of the few who was NOT on the balcony!). THEM were becoming more known by the general public and I wondered what the PNC would show.
How can you tie in a thirty eight year old bombing atrocity of soldiers and civilians in and around Hyde park and an embassy siege forty years ago to an entitled little bitch that drove on the wrong side of the road and was pulled over quite rightly so for breaking the law.

Years ago, it actually seems like some sort of parallel existence when the Met was a force and senior officers had a moral compass the TSG unit I served suffered the triple whammy of firstly being hammered at the Wapping Dispute with my particular unit suffering over then 60 % injuries and then being subjected to a very vindictive inquisition by Northamptonshire Constabulary and finally the CPS deciding that all the charges against the demonstrators should be dropped as the dispute was over, the then Commissioner Sir Peter Imbert thought we had been treated rather harshly. To which end hew had his driver take him from NSY to Bow Road in the East End badlands where we were based to personally apologise to us for the way we had been treated. Unbelievably in a setting as informal as possible under the circumstances that is just what he did. Cannot see any of the current leadership having either the personal integrity to be concerned that one of their units had been unfairly treated or having the moral fortitude to face up to them and deliver a personal apology.

How can you tie in a thirty eight year old bombing atrocity of soldiers and civilians in and around Hyde park and an embassy siege forty years ago to an entitled little bitch that drove on the wrong side of the road and was pulled over quite rightly so for breaking the law.

I did apologise in my original post for the thread drift, when the thread veered off into a discussion of the Police National Computer. My subsequent posts have been answering the questions and comments of other Arrsers.

Er.......Its Arrse, how long have you been around here?