Bianca Williams: Met apologises to sprinter over stop-and-search

I think the bollocking was because local coppers had been briefed that THEM were operating out of Regents Park barracks and may even had been told what vehicles were being used; not for requesting the PNC check. I knew it was THEM when I asked her to do the check, just curious about what would come back.

This was around the time of the Hyde Park bombing and not long after the Iranian Embassy siege (I was one of the few who was NOT on the balcony!). THEM were becoming more known by the general public and I wondered what the PNC would show.
How can you tie in a thirty eight year old bombing atrocity of soldiers and civilians in and around Hyde park and an embassy siege forty years ago to an entitled little bitch that drove on the wrong side of the road and was pulled over quite rightly so for breaking the law.

Years ago, it actually seems like some sort of parallel existence when the Met was a force and senior officers had a moral compass the TSG unit I served suffered the triple whammy of firstly being hammered at the Wapping Dispute with my particular unit suffering over then 60 % injuries and then being subjected to a very vindictive inquisition by Northamptonshire Constabulary and finally the CPS deciding that all the charges against the demonstrators should be dropped as the dispute was over, the then Commissioner Sir Peter Imbert thought we had been treated rather harshly. To which end hew had his driver take him from NSY to Bow Road in the East End badlands where we were based to personally apologise to us for the way we had been treated. Unbelievably in a setting as informal as possible under the circumstances that is just what he did. Cannot see any of the current leadership having either the personal integrity to be concerned that one of their units had been unfairly treated or having the moral fortitude to face up to them and deliver a personal apology.

ColdWarWorrier

Old-Salt
How can you tie in a thirty eight year old bombing atrocity of soldiers and civilians in and around Hyde park and an embassy siege forty years ago to an entitled little bitch that drove on the wrong side of the road and was pulled over quite rightly so for breaking the law.
I did apologise in my original post for the thread drift, when the thread veered off into a discussion of the Police National Computer. My subsequent posts have been answering the questions and comments of other Arrsers.

ColdWarWorrier

Old-Salt
As long as you have no inclination to support republican terrorists and people of that ilk we are all good
I have no idea where you got the impression I support republican terrorists!

Monday Morning

Dick van Dyke: 'Morning Tracey, anything on my desk?'

Tracey: 'Morning boss... er... yeah... a bin bag full of warrant cards!'

DvD: 'WTF?'
You get a funny for the Dick van Dyke alone.

Er.......Its Arrse, how long have you been around here?

NSP

LE
I'd say 50/50 of the time people assume I'm a police officer when speaking on phone to them. Have never been referred to as 'constable' or sergeant; though. Always 'Officer'.
Not always..as it might not exactly be appropriate but - on most occasions I will correct them and inform them I'm not actually a police officer.
An example of an occasion where I would not disclose I was not an officer - if the caller presumed so would be say a 999 call and - I was obtaining information - often via aggressive or shouty questioning, and the other person was complying on assumption I was an officer..hard to explain but...it happens...there's a weird psychology behind it.

Bloke on a bridge phoning 999 and asking for police...expects to be speaking to someone who is police also. All the ones I have had have presumed so anyway.
If I 'phone 101 I get a carrot-cruncher bint - I never assume she's anything "officer"!!!

Sexton Blake

War Hero

Sexton Blake

War Hero
It depends what the objective is. If a 10 percent arrest rate is because of the deterrent effect caused by the likelihood of being stopped and searched, then job jobbed.

Frankly, some of these people mustn't be very bright. If I were engaging in highly dubious activities, I'd be doing my very best not to look like someone who would - grey man and all that (other genders are now available, apparently).

Driving around looking like trouble and then actually acting like trouble when asked to comply isn't the best way to come across as blameless.
CC - Absolutely spot on.

Mrs SB (who did a full 25 in the Met, East London back in the 80's and 90's) says that in her day they literally ruled the streets. They would shake down the 'usual suspects' every effing day, more than once a day, just to keep the scrotes on their toes. Regardless of colour I hasten to add.

I know there are current serving Met on here (I was Army not Police) and I still have 100% respect and support for them all. However, my other half has given up watching BBC/MSM as she cannot bare to see how constrained her old mob are now. Don't get her started on stop and search either. It is the only sure fire way to ruin a criminal's day, every day.

Her stories are effing nails by the way and make my career utterly dull in comparison!

Edited for grammar.

Last edited:
It looks like stopping that entitled bitch driving on the wrong side of the road is going to lead to the rank and file in the Met being shafted from on high again,

Tell me, how's police recruitment going in Londonstan again?.

I.m White , how do I apply for a race card to get me out of any trouble I have on the roads ??
Just self identify as black, and if they took take the knee instantly upon seeing you, deploy the Dianne Abbott approved race card

Latest Threads