Bianca Williams: Met apologises to sprinter over stop-and-search

endure

GCM
The Times had an article today which, among other things, published the stop and search statistics for the past 7 months. These are stats published by the Met itself.

Dec 2019 19070 searches 12% arrest rate
Jan 2020 26866 searches 11% arrest rate
Feb 23332 12%
Mar 23410 12%
Apr 30264 10%
May 43068 9%
Jun 29647 10%

Is a 10% arrest rate considered to be good? Is it intelligence led policing?

RiffRaff

Swinger
The solution is simple....get a new Met.Police Commisioner ! WOKE doesn't even come close.

She was appointed because....She is Female and, Gay! She has been an absolute disaster and, her edicts just hang out police officers to dry !

I could say more but, it would involve expletives!
And a BA in Forestry from Oxford. One of the degrees for the thickos who get in because Mum and Dad are connected.

RiffRaff

Swinger
The solution is simple....get a new Met.Police Commisioner ! WOKE doesn't even come close.

She was appointed because....She is Female and, Gay! She has been an absolute disaster and, her edicts just hang out police officers to dry !

I could say more but, it would involve expletives!
And a BA in Forestry from Oxford. One of the degrees for the thickos who get in because Mum and Dad are connected.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
The Times had an article today which, among other things, published the stop and search statistics for the past 7 months. These are stats published by the Met itself.

Feb 23332 12%
Mar 23410 12%
Apr 30264 10%
May 43068 9%
Jun 29647 10%

It depends what the objective is. If a 10 percent arrest rate is because of the deterrent effect caused by the likelihood of being stopped and searched, then job jobbed.

Frankly, some of these people mustn't be very bright. If I were engaging in highly dubious activities, I'd be doing my very best not to look like someone who would - grey man and all that (other genders are now available, apparently).

Driving around looking like trouble and then actually acting like trouble when asked to comply isn't the best way to come across as blameless.

Oyibo

LE

Feb 23332 12%
Mar 23410 12%
Apr 30264 10%
May 43068 9%
Jun 29647 10%

I'd say that's a very good rate of arrests. Compare and contrast with VCPs etc in NI.

Feb 23332 12%
Mar 23410 12%
Apr 30264 10%
May 43068 9%
Jun 29647 10%

I rather fear that's that it falls into the category of "the Paper Editors and Politico's are making a fuss we'd better do something"

You'd hope that intelligence lead work would have a higher hit rate... you'd also expect to nab them in groups in a setting where there'll be a decent amount of evidence rather than in 1's and 2's on the street.

The low hit rate could be a result of the crims in the area developing counter-int skills and learning how to dick..

* Sun Headline...*

Druggie dickheads dick Dick's Dibbles..."

Awol

LE
It depends what the objective is. If a 10 percent arrest rate is because of the deterrent effect caused by the likelihood of being stopped and searched, then job jobbed.

Frankly, some of these people mustn't be very bright. If I were engaging in highly dubious activities, I'd be doing my very best not to look like someone who would - grey man and all that (other genders are now available, apparently).

Driving around looking like trouble and then actually acting like trouble when asked to comply isn't the best way to come across as blameless.
I’d say that being black and carrying drugs or guns in a pimped up Merc is essential now for any criminal.

If I was a copper now they could be spraying automatic fire from all the windows and I’d pointedly not notice.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
I’d say that being black and carrying drugs or guns in a pimped up Merc is essential now for any criminal.

If I was a copper now they could be spraying automatic fire from all the windows, and I’d pointedly not notice.
Frankly, if Met coppers were to make a point and sit on their hands to thoroughly embarrass their weasel of a boss and the mayor I'd be cool with that.

20" gold wheels? Check.
Dropped suspension? Check.
Soup-can diameter exhaust? Dump valve?
GBFO ICE unit? tinted windows?
tons of bling?
Yep, inconspicuous counts.

20200709_195718.jpg

arcticfox042

War Hero

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
What a strange YouTube channel. It was set up yesterday (8th July) and only has the one video on it yet it's the 'Global Crime Network'. Something a little dodgy there methinks.
Definitely.
Someone starting off a channel with only one video ?
Very suspicious.

When Ian McCollum posted his first vid did he call his channel "Forgotten Weapon" ?

NSP

LE
Frankly, if Met coppers were to make a point and sit on their hands to thoroughly embarrass their weasel of a boss and the mayor I'd be cool with that.
I was thinking earlier that the ORs should work-to-rule: not stopping and searching anyone of African appearance, no overtime, no high-speed pursuit, not running red lights on the way to 999s with certain exceptions - lone female, DV, sexual assault say ("Sorry - health and safety, innit, Inspector") and so on.

See how quick community pressure to grip the stabbings, robberies, boy racers tear-arsing through the neighbourhood, etc. and fuck the suspects' ethnicity swings down on Khunt and Dick's shoulders, with a bit of Priti dropping a few carefully-crafted bombs at the despatch box, then.

Last edited:
As I understand it, the police are not allowed to go on strike. However, should they all, not just the met, hand in their resignations, they're just pissed off with piss poor management? I've done that, on more than one occasion.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
I was thinking earlier that the ORs should work-to-rule: not stopping and searching any one of African appearance, no overtime, no high-speed pursuit, not running red lights on the way to 999s with certain exceptions - lone female, DV, sexual assault say ("Sorry - health and safety, innit, Inspector") and so on.

See how quick community pressure to grip the stabbings, robberies, boy racers tear-arsing through the neighbourhood, etc. and **** the suspects ethnicity swings down on Khunt and Dick's shoulders, with a bit of Priti dropping a few carefully-crafted bombs at the despatch box, then.
Well, she's made it impossible for her officers (not 'staff') to do their job.

On the one hand, you've got her and the mayor describing as deplorable physical attacks on police officers. On the other, you've got her removing any shred of authority and, therefore, respect.

I'd love to watch her be forced to explain why she has done what she's done.

If it's because if she hadn't that she couldn't guarantee being able to contain the reaction from 'the community', then policing in this country is beyond crisis point. Oh, and she should resign - for two reasons: she is unable to do her job; and she has hitherto not flagged what a state the city is in.

And let's see where Khan is after all this - remember: the mayor who described a map of London gangs as 'too black' to be acceptable.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
As I understand it, the police are not allowed to go on strike. However, should they all, not just the met, hand in their resignations, they're just pissed off with piss poor management? I've done that, on more than one occasion.
I have never advocated mutiny. But she has endangered her officers' lives.

Latest Threads