Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FroggyStyle

Old-Salt
They're only reporting what a coroner recorded. Or do you have a superior knowledge in this field?

Gemma Moss death: Mother died from 'cannabis poisoning' - BBC News

Have you read the article though.

She died from cardiac arrest.

So as much as the Bournemouth coroner would like to attribute it to canna use, that theory is pretty much debunked in the second paragraph.

I don't have any superior amount of knowledge apart from smoking it in my youth, and occasionally at bbq's/parties since leaving hm forces.

As I've said already it just makes me lethargic, but I'm not a 'stoner'. I maintain a high level of fitness and strength and weed doesn't really contribute to that aim positively.

I just find it amusing that the old school are convinced it's a dangerous drug, and it's users are jobless scum.

Yes it makes you lazy, and yes unemployed scroates abuse it daily, but to my mind, and those with more knowledge of it than second hand tabloid dits, it's no worse than alcohol.

In fact I'd stand by suggesting it's a far safer and healthier alternative.

Have you read the article though.

She died from cardiac arrest.

So as much as the Bournemouth coroner would like to attribute it to canna use, that theory is pretty much debunked in the second paragraph.

I don't have any superior amount of knowledge apart from smoking it in my youth, and occasionally at bbq's/parties since leaving hm forces.

As I've said already it just makes me lethargic, but I'm not a 'stoner'. I maintain a high level of fitness and strength and weed doesn't really contribute to that aim positively.

I just find it amusing that the old school are convinced it's a dangerous drug, and it's users are jobless scum.

Yes it makes you lazy, and yes unemployed scroates abuse it daily, but to my mind, and those with more knowledge of it than second hand tabloid dits, it's no worse than alcohol.

In fact I'd stand by suggesting it's a far safer and healthier alternative.
I read the article, did you?

A post-mortem examination found she died as a result of cannabis toxicity. It is thought she may have suffered a cardiac arrest triggered by the drug.

Bournemouth coroner Sherriff Payne recorded that Miss Moss died as a consequence of the abuse of drugs.

You're now an expert pathologist too ? Impressive

As I said before, my uncle's death was recorded as due to 'liver failure', if he hadn't been an alcoholic his liver wouldn't have failed.

I've smoked it too in my youth and agree with the effects of laziness and lethargy. I was taking up your point that there have been 'zero deaths due to cannabis use'

If someone who smokes high strength skunk becomes a paranoid schizophrenic (of which there are many studies attesting to this) and throws them self off a tall building, yes the cause of death will say 'massive internal organ damage due to the rapid deceleration upon hitting the ground' however to claim high strength skunk usage had no cause of this would be disingenuous at best and crazy at worst.

I'm not arguing about the relative dangers both to the individual and society of alcohol and cannabis, but I don't use that data to argue for cannabis decriminalization, I'd rather see more and better measures aimed at alcohol management.

FroggyStyle

Old-Salt
I read the article, did you?

You're now an expert pathologist too ? Impressive

As I said before, my uncle's death was recorded as due to 'liver failure', if he hadn't been an alcoholic his liver wouldn't have failed.

I've smoked it too in my youth and agree with the effects of laziness and lethargy. I was taking up your point that there have been 'zero deaths due to cannabis use'

If someone who smokes high strength skunk becomes a paranoid schizophrenic (of which there are many studies attesting to this) and throws them self off a tall building, yes the cause of death will say 'massive internal organ damage due to the rapid deceleration upon hitting the ground' however to claim high strength skunk usage had no cause of this would be disingenuous at best and crazy at worst.

I'm not arguing about the relative dangers both to the individual and society of alcohol and cannabis, but I don't use that data to argue for cannabis decriminalization, I'd rather see more and better measures aimed at alcohol management.

No pathologist here, and you make valid points.

I'm not really convinced by the mental health argument, as a: who is to say those that blame their psychosis on weed, would not have had mental health issues regardless, and b: we all know that the idle and lazy will of course jump on the bandwagon of excuses as to why they're lazy layabout kunts.

It's why we can't have nice things, just like the government considering sugar or alcohol taxes which penalise the rest of us, just because some fat biff can't say no to more cake.

Your uncles liver failure was a direct result of excess alcohol consumption over a long period of time, that is of course, attributable to alcohol.

But come on...cannabis induced cardiac arrest???

Cannabis has no recorded deaths from use alone.

Death by misadventure whilst under the influence of weed, or when cannabis is detected in the system of the deceased along with other drugs/alcohol, are where those misleading figures come from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Read my post again.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
We're agreed that cigarettes and alcohol can have the same addiction and potential psychological damage as marijuana, and between us we've proven that cigarettes and alcohol are a factor in a greater number of deaths than marijuana... so tell me again why cigarettes and alcohol are legal and marijuana is not?
Because that's the law, at various times in UK legal history, heroin was legal, homosexuality was not, drink could be sold to any age, nobility could execute their vassals.

At no point have I said about whether it should be legal or not.
I know, from personal experience that it can have detrimental effects on loved ones.

Latest Threads