BFPO SYSTEM

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by Playtime, Sep 9, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Dear All

For those who dont know the Government is set to scrap the BFPO system in Europe in September 2010. There is a petition you can sign to try and reverse this. Please follow the link below, it takes a couple of minutes only.

Cheers

Playtime

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk./saveBFPO/sign

PS. Pass it on

2. Guys

I dont know whats going on but it wont print the link correctly!!!

If you go to the Armoured Engineer website its posted there.

Cheers

Playtime

3. samm1551

samm1551 Old-Salt Book Reviewer

Signed, but I thought they were not scrapping ALL BFPO on mainland europe.

4. there not scrapping them all, only a handfull of numbers where there is no need for the system

5. they are only scrapping BFPO at NATO posts so all the normal germany posts , cyprus ,falklands ect will still operate.

6. Of course there is a need for them, a gf works at one of the units concerned and no longer has a UK address as she's worked abroad for several postings in a row. She's worried that all her official mail from banks etc will no longer get to her. Not to mention her magazine subscriptions!

7. thats one of the things that has been mentioned here at SHAPE. we have been told that we will have to use the civilian address for the unit now. which means amongst other things no tax free shopping with Amazon :x

8. Which numbers are they scrapping.
    Is this another penny pinching exercise by the one-eyed gimp and his cronies.

9. Any chance of a link to the source story?

10. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

One, according to something I heard, that is coming back to bite Centre in a BIG way.

Know what is linked directly to BFPO addresses?

LOA.

Know what has to be increased massively if people don't come under the BFPO banner and can't get access to the privileges it gives?

That's right, folks

LOA :roll:

I wonder if anyone who either put this up as an option or made the decision to take it as an option ran it past someone who understands finance, say like one of the accountants that the Forces have?

Don't think so 8O

Prize screw up.......