BFPO, more government cuts

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by squeekingsapper, Sep 17, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. squeekingsapper

squeekingsapper LE Reviewer

I have heard a rumour that the Government is looking to abolish the BFPO and found that someone has already started a petition against this.

In case anyone else is interested, I have attached a link to this below
  2. Bloody NuLabour, will sign immediately :x :evil: :x :evil:
  3. signed
  4. The original thread can be found here
  5. FFS

It's not the whole BFPO, it is a few of them at some NATO posts:

SHAPE, Brussels, Brunssum, Ramstein, Stavanger, Karup, Naples Rome, Milan, Lisbon, Valencia and Norfolk VA.

The remainder of The BFPO is staying in place. Yes, for the few people affected it will be a pain in the bum. However, let's not blow it out of proportion.

Anyway, it's been done before here
  6. Plans are also allegedly afoot to replace most of the junior ranks with civvies in BFPO London, and Cyprus is getting civilianised too. This isn't gospel by any stretch of the imagination, but rumours circulated by many people at many different levels shouldn't be dismissed.

The trade will always be there in some form or another, but I wouldn't join the army as a postie now.
  7. I wouldn't join the army as a postie anyway.

you can't go on strike all the time like the civvie ones. they get more days off on strike than they get holiday.
  8. So, do you really think the cuts to BFPO will extend? what specific effect does it have on you or people you know?
  9. The whole scenario has had a considerately bad effect on the morale of those within the postal trade. Postings are being delayed, prospects for 'gucci' postings are decreasing, and promotion could potentially take a hit if they get rid of any established postal squadrons (89PC Sqn has been frequently earmarked for disbandment by various sources, but nothing concrete as yet). This considered, the most devastating effect on morale is the lack of information being filtered down to the boys on the ground, and the apparent lack of anything resembling a plan.

Cuts WILL happen, be under no illusions. We just don't know how, when and where they will be implemented.
  10. There must be 1 or 2 half colonels shaking at the thought that they might actually have to get out their comfort zones and could be found out at last! :twisted:

That would be Tragic!