• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

bfpo mail

Valks

Old-Salt
#1
Out of idle curiosity .... and not because I'm virtually stalking the postman or anything sad and neurotic like that .... how long does it usually take these days for snail mail to reach germany?
 

Valks

Old-Salt
#3
It's Little Mi from the Moomins.

Apparently we have a lot in common.
 
#5
It takes a couple of days longer than you would expect for a similar item of mail - if you were on the mainland.

I happen to know that a lorry laden with mail was stuck in Calais on Friday, but that the backlog has now been cleared. 30 PC Sqn have been working overtime on this one!
 

Valks

Old-Salt
#6
Thank you Sammy.

It's been three weeks, 4 letters and 1 small parcel... I take it I've been 'dumped'?

Qué será, será.
 
#7
I'm sorry to hear that.

I'm free though - unfortunately married with kids, but I will give the Service Test a run for its money if you're game.
 

Valks

Old-Salt
#8
It was only to be expected .... he is a bloke after all.

Convent life has been looking so attractive of late .....
 
#9
Valks said:
It was only to be expected .... he is a bloke after all.

Convent life has been looking so attractive of late .....
Is that because you have bad habits?


I'll get my coat......
 
#11
Valks said:
LordVonHarley said:
Is that because you have bad habits?

I'll get my coat......
forget your coat, the lynch mob move fast.
Hey, I like the cut o' your jib, young fella me lad, young rapscallion.
(Hell, anyone who can raise a smile at the arrse end of another day battling the UN gets my vote!)
 
#12
Valks said:
how long does it usually take these days for snail mail to reach germany?
It takes fookin years for stuff to reach NI let alone germany :x
 
#13
riskshaw - I hope you weren't referring to me as 'young fella me lad'.

gooseman - are you saying I should give him until New Year to get in touch then? I know I'm a camel but ..... new year and not even on a promise?
 
#14
depends on how long you're willing to wait, me, i'd give it a week and then sack it - put yourself back on the market.

nice avatar by the way.
 
#16
gooseman said:
depends on how long you're willing to wait, me, i'd give it a week and then sack it - put yourself back on the market.

nice avatar by the way.
A week? Christ on a bike and I though I was impatient.

As for going 'back on the market' .... can I really be arrsed with all that nonsense again? Having to shave my legs, and trim this and wax that and bleach the other and all for what? Stubble burn on my chin cos he's not as considerate and more filthy dogs in the wash basket?
 
#17
galgenberg said:
Valks said:
It's Little Mi from the Moomins.

Apparently we have a lot in common.
As Philip Larkin said "They fair queue up,your moomin dead" :D
Vair funny!

Valks

Hope I'm not being too revolutionary and new age - but you could contact him?
 
#18
Valks said:
gooseman said:
depends on how long you're willing to wait, me, i'd give it a week and then sack it - put yourself back on the market.

nice avatar by the way.
A week? Christ on a bike and I though I was impatient.

As for going 'back on the market' .... can I really be arrsed with all that nonsense again? Having to shave my legs, and trim this and wax that and bleach the other and all for what? Stubble burn on my chin cos he's not as considerate and more filthy dogs in the wash basket?
i thought women were into all that gruff stuff :bigsmurf:
 
#20
The telephone?

His letter box might be rusty or something. Fire in the sorting office. Mice ate them all. Kids changed the house numbers. You know the sort of clutching at straws, desperate hope sort of thing.

Harder to deceive yourself when you hear it like it is on the dog.

BTW - if you get the parcel back, and you don't want it, any chance I could have it? I hate Christmas shopping and I'm sure it would suit
someone I know?
 

Latest Threads

Top