• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Bfpo issue

Hi
Quick enquiry unlike the post service.
Can anyone shed light on why mail going to Fally BFPO38 takes so long to arrive.
Son serving with 4 Scots and I sent mail to him 3 wks ago, still not recieved it, seems odd to me but been advised this is normal- why?.
PS dont bother with jokes bout jocks stealing it. Ive heard them all before.

Not a clue. I am in Hohne(BFPO 30) only 15 miles away and i get mine within the week. The only problem i knew of was the post strikes a few months a go.

I'm in Fally and some stuff seems to take forever but on the other hand some stuff arrives really quick, swings and roundabouts I guess.

Cheers mate. A week sounds reasonable, I suspect its either gone missing or some lazy cnut cant be arsed to do his job and sort it out. My lad having just been posted to the unit approached his seniors for advise and was 'politely' told to fcuk off and bother someone else. Great welcome and good moral booster for a young soldier just out of training.

My lad having just been posted to the unit approached his seniors for advise and was 'politely' told to fcuk off and bother someone else. Great welcome and good moral booster for a young soldier just out of training.
Good, it should teach him to ask either the post NCO or speak to the BFPO enquiry team or go to whatever is the nearest post office rather than bother SNCO/Officers with bone trivia.

Good, it should teach him to ask either the post NCO or speak to the BFPO enquiry team or go to whatever is the nearest post office rather than bother SNCO/Officers with bone trivia.
Good answer!! Had he known or been advised to do this Im sure he would have followed your sterling advice. But unlike your good self who is obviously the font of all knowledge and a living legend in your own mind, he is new to both the system and the unit, so he dared to speak to a senior for some advice. Now obviously you would never have had that type of problem since seniors probably all came to you for advice on everything from post to missile systems.
Arse

Good answer!! Had he known or been advised to do this Im sure he would have followed your sterling advice. But unlike your good self who is obviously the font of all knowledge and a living legend in your own mind, he is new to both the system and the unit, so he dared to speak to a senior for some advice. Now obviously you would never have had that type of problem since seniors probably all came to you for advice on everything from post to missile systems.
Arse
Is he thick as mince? What do civvies do when they dont get their post? Ask their boss? Is he so stupid he didnt think that perhaps his seniors are not there to be asked bone questions? Should seniors set aside certain hours of the day do look after the personal admin of their Toms?
Are you a bit upset your son was treated like an adult rather than a lost little boy?

It wasnt an answer to an honest question was it you complete throbber? He seems to be under the impression that the seniors and/or officers are in the army to help little Johnny find his post.
You really are a cnut, he doesn't think that nor does he expect to be nursed, all he wants is advice to get it sorted. Im guessing you're a blanket stacker just following on from your mundain life of been an unhelpful fcuk wit.

You really are a cnut, he doesn't think that nor does he expect to be nursed, all he wants is advice to get it sorted. Im guessing you're a blanket stacker just following on from your mundain life of been an unhelpful fcuk wit.
Well you guess wrong dont you, if he doesnt want to get nursed is he embarrassed his parents are bumping their gums on an army forum because the nasty seniors told him to **** off?

Is he thick as mince? What do civvies do when they dont get their post? Ask their boss? Is he so stupid he didnt think that perhaps his seniors are not there to be asked bone questions? Should seniors set aside certain hours of the day do look after the personal admin of their Toms?
Are you a bit upset your son was treated like an adult rather than a lost little boy?
It's their ******* job to make sure the lads are being looked after - That's what a chain of command is for! If you are at work in civvie street and your mail is not getting through you have a word with your boss, that way he or she can assess the amount of people who are getting late mail or losing mail. (What if there is a problem with the post bunk? How will anyone else be able to sort the problem if you are reporting the problems to the person possibly causing the problem?)

Stacker - you sound like a bit of a throbber, I hope I never have to rely on someone like you.

Not in the slightest upset. He is more than capable of looking after himself and you given half a chance to meet you. Advice is usually free and freely given. mine to you is go fcuk yoursel.

It's their ******* job to make sure the lads are being looked after - That's what a chain of command is for! If you are at work in civvie street and your mail is not getting through you have a word with your boss, that way he or she can assess the amount of people who are getting late mail or losing mail. (What if there is a problem with the post bunk? How will anyone else be able to sort the problem if you are reporting the problems to the person possibly causing the problem?)

Stacker - you sound like a bit of a throbber, I hope I never have to rely on someone like you.
**** off you dick, you dont get a parcel so you bother your senior ranks do you? You wont know theres a problem with the post bunk until you go there. ******* post goes missing all the time all over the country are seniors supposed to drop everything because some nig doesnt get a parcel. Heaven forbid he uses a bit of common sense and asks a mate where the post bunk is, heaven forbid (if they are not much help) go to the main post office and ask for advice, no a far better use of time is to bother a senior rank then get mummy/daddy to moan that he was told to go away and bother someone else.

Not in the slightest upset. He is more than capable of looking after himself and you given half a chance to meet you. Advice is usually free and freely given. mine to you is go fcuk yoursel.
If he so capable why is he crying to you that the nasty seniors told him to go away? My advice to you is you son is an adult now so stop treating like a kid.

**** off you dick, you dont get a parcel so you bother your senior ranks do you? You wont know theres a problem with the post bunk until you go there. ******* post goes missing all the time all over the country are seniors supposed to drop everything because some nig doesnt get a parcel. Heaven forbid he uses a bit of common sense and asks a mate where the post bunk is, heaven forbid (if they are not much help) go to the main post office and ask for advice, no a far better use of time is to bother a senior rank then get mummy/daddy to moan that he was told to go away and bother someone else.
So asking your chain of command to see if your Authorised Post Rep has had anything in the post bunk for you is wrong then? (Authorised post rep may not know all the newbies in the unit and put the parcel back 'He's not one of mine!') Does the post bunk want every Tom, Dick and Trooper tipping up asking the same questions all the time. Would you send all your lads down to the QM's left right and centre or would you organise one or maybe two lads to go down for the whole unit?

Funny old thing but when I served I was taught as a LCPL that your first duty was to your men. All the way through my 25 year career I was convinced that was the right thing. I have brought that ethos into my career in civvy street and it works. For my money that would include taking the new guy who may be a bit bewildered and unfamiliar with the system and helping him understand how it works.

Has the army changed that much? Or is it Stacker1 who is the throbber here?

Funny old thing but when I served I was taught as a LCPL that your first duty was to your men. All the way through my 25 year career I was convinced that was the right thing. I have brought that ethos into my career in civvy street and it works. For my money that would include taking the new guy who may be a bit bewildered and unfamiliar with the system and helping him understand how it works.

Has the army changed that much? Or is it Stacker1 who is the throbber here?
The army most have changed I tend not to class LCpl as seniors Eh throbber? When you were in did you bimble up to your seniors (real ones not LCpls) and ask them bone question without expecting to be told to jog on?

Latest Threads