BFPO help please

Discussion in 'RLC' started by worm-on-a-stick, Nov 7, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello there, looking for some help from the BFPO guys,

I’m about to head off to the sandy place, but I have family that live in Europe who will be expecting letters, birthday cards etc to be sent to them. Whilst they can write to me using the e-bluey web site I cannot use the same service or super letter to write back to them as they do not have a BFPO.

My only option appears to address the letter to them, place it in another envelope addressed to a mate in the UK and get him to post it on for me.

Any ideas on how to send a letter more directly to them would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Worm.

2. Put a stamp on it!

3. Please, for the love of god. Tell me this is a wah!

4. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

Post it as normal will/should get sent back to the UK and handled by Royal mail from there

5. Thanks brettarider,

It’s my first time to the sandpit (although I have served in other places) and just wanted to make sure that I wouldn’t have a problem when my letters got to Mill Hill.

Worm.

6. were abouts in europe, as when i was out there i could send e blueys to german civil addresses.

7. My Uncle and his family are in Spain, so definatly not on the BFPO map

8. Address as normal, hand in to the FPO counter. It will cost you more, then when royal mail get it they send direct to the Spanish post office. Same the other direction, if they want to send you mail get them to address it to the BFPO No, then underneath write 'UK' or 'England'.
    Speak to the postie's on det we are a helpful bunch honest. :D

9. Many thanks whos_ur_daddy