BFPO for OP Telic 11

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by girliebiker, Dec 7, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi

I've just received a parcel request from a young lad in Iraq. He's given me the address minus the BFPO number.

Can anyone let me have the BFPO please so that I can send it out today.

2. I for one thank you for your well founded and generous intentions.

See for advice on forces mail. You will note that the website does not list op BFPO numbers. This is for good reason including the following advice relating to the service being for immediate families and friends only as additional mail detracts from the capacity to deliver 'real' mail in a responsive manner:

Can charity food parcels be sent to the troops serving on Op Telic & Op Herrick?

No, please be advised that an item of mail up to the maximum weight of 2kgs can be sent to named personnel only. Due to the surge of mail during the freepost period to these operational areas BFPO does not wish to delay personal mail to loved ones by accepting mail to unnamed personnel.

Thanks again.
  3. Thank you for the information.

4. BFPO 641

(Cob Bfpo)
  5. Can anyone tell me when the free BFPO parcel service to Iraq and Afghanistan ends? According to the bfpo website it was due to finish on the 7th December but my local Post Office have told me that anything under 2kg is still free.

Pse can anyone confirm the truth???

6. Until further notice
  7. As long as troops are there is the currant promise.
  8. Hurrah!

And thanks for the quick responses.